Madhatter Mk2

De-militarized Batmobile

Hey everyone

Here's my latest side project - the 'the other place' V SM Batmobile - without the guns and in a more fun paint scheme.

I bought this a few years ago with this idea in mind to turn it into something less sinister and more interesting. I was going to do it in red and black, but I felt the metallic blue was better. I've always liked the basic shape of the Batmobile but prefer it without all the fenders and guns - and the roof.

Anyways, it was just a fun build - except for the rear wing: that was a nightmare to get on. Oh, and ET cement ran right down the inside of the windscreen as I was putting it in, so I had to sandpaper it all out and then get is clear again - which I think I did a pretty good job of doing

IMG_7922

IMG_7923

IMG_7921

IMG_7911

IMG_7920

IMG_7915

Excuse the dust that managed to get on the surface right before I photographed it.
Anyway, that's it but as always, thanks for looking
Si

• Like 10

Looks great in blue, but I think this thing was born looking sinister.

When I saw 'Batmobile' in the title, I'm of an era that was expecting:

1966%2BBatmobile.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

That looks really cool. The sort of crazy concept car we might see at a big motor show. Nice work Si.

You're showing your age there @Gorby ;) 

• Haha 1

thanks guys!

This is the only Batmobile that held any interest to me. I also grew up on the old 60's version but looking back on it, it was truly awful. There's one of those original 'the other place''s in Melbourne that does the rounds quite a lot. It was in my little neighborhood last year and I took some pics of it with my son inside. Then the following weekend we went to the Ferrari showroom and we both got to sit in the new SF-90. He proclaimed to like the 'the other place' more than the Ferrari. Go figure