Site Admin

Make 'em jealous! What did you just get?

1 minute ago, BradG said:

I picked this up right before I came down sick and needed emergency surgery...good fun...not. I did get this for a cracking price though!

2fiapJp.jpg

Hope you're feeling better mate 

• Like 2

Thank you. Feel much better, am no longer Homer Simpson yellow and I'm minus my gallbadder, but much better!

• Like 1

Nice Brad and also glad you’re felling better.

I was so tempted as it would make a nice partner to the Yamato, but after looking at am prices decided my wallet had taken a severe pounding already!

Next on the build list?

Edited by Drichc
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Drichc said:

Nice Brad and also glad you’re felling better.

I was so tempted as it would make a nice partner to the Yamato, but after looking at am prices decided my wallet had taken a severe pounding already!

Next on the build list?

I really want to build it, but I did promise to have my Prince of Wales finished for a comp early next year, plus dad is bugging me to build his flint lock rifle kit and I said I'd participate in the LSP Group Build lol, oh man, lots of big kits to finish!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BradG said:

I picked this up right before I came down sick and needed emergency surgery.

Sorry to hear that Brad... being poorly I mean, not sorry to hear you bagged the kit.
Hope all went well and you are making a good recovery

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BradG said:

Thank you. Feel much better.................................................I'm minus my gallbadder, but much better!

Glad your feeling better Brad @BradG and NOW the fun begins!

Trust you had a mountain of dietary advice from the doctors / diatetics department? If not, slow and steady, as your body will no longer be able to process or tollerate some of your favorite foods, it may be pastry or dairy or even protein......but you can bet yer bottom dollar there will be something. Mine went 'walk about' five years ago, the eldest Daughter lost hers at age 27.

Welcome to the club!

Paul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phoenix54 said:

Glad your feeling better Brad @BradG and NOW the fun begins!

Trust you had a mountain of dietary advice from the doctors / diatetics department? If not, slow and steady, as your body will no longer be able to process or tollerate some of your favorite foods, it may be pastry or dairy or even protein......but you can bet yer bottom dollar there will be something. Mine went 'walk about' five years ago, the eldest Daughter lost hers at age 27.

Welcome to the club!

Paul

Haha thanks mate. After talking to family I realised that 3 of 4 grandparents had gallbladder problems around my age, guess it runs in my family too. GP wanted me to see a dietitian but only because I'm carrying too man kgs, but aside from that I was given no dietary advice apart from take it easy on dairy, high fat foods and spicy stuff. I do like my Indian food, but some butter chicken had no ill effect on me, the only problem I've had thus far is with milk. I rarely eat take away, so that's no problem.

15 A4 sheets of styrene (8 x 0.5mm, 4 x 1mm & 3 x 1.5mm).

hSFvlbsHJ5iPOS2wVFO-iYPxfNpKeTYptxFGdFgl

Go on admit it. You're seething with jealousy. I can tell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A chap to sort my computer out. Well, I didn't actually buy a chap but paid said techno merchant to restore it as best he could. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, skwonk said:

I didn't actually buy a chap

Wasn't he good enough to be taken on as a personal servant? You can't get the staff these days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I AM MAKING PROGRESS!!!......

I went to a model shop 'just for some paint', and didn't buy any paint :) 

However....

resized_a7b7b2fa-03a3-44e4-8a5b-86da4873

I decided to take a trip over to Pretoria to check out a nice little shop that has recently changed owners. Its a 120km round trip from us, so it would have been rude really not to buy anything, and the Memsah'b was with me, as she needed some new material for the moaning and nagging part of the marriage :).But we sat and had a nice breakfast afterwards which appeased her a bit, and then we went and adopted a new dog :), well its not quite a dog yet, its kind of a tiny minature version of a dog at the mo, but we shall return in two weeks when it is ready to bust out. Its another Border Collie so that should be fun :) (oh, and if you thought your Canine brood was a handfull, the lady we went to see has 15!!! Collies)

• Like 3

got one of those warriors in the stash, looks a really nice kit, just a weird scale for me so its been sat there a long time

8 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

..........oh, and if you thought your Canine brood was a handfull, the lady we went to see has 15!!! Collies

Pah!!! fifteen, 15? is that ALL? Try 40+ Siberian Huskies........and here was me thinking 4x Vulcans on a scramble were noisy!

Nice buy though :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

Its another Border Collie so that should be fun

Make sure you show us a photo when you get it. :smile:

There's not much in the world that's cuter than a collie pup.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

Its another Border Collie so that should be fun

Stand by to have everything in the house chewed, when my Parents Border Collie was a Pup it even chewed lumps out of their wooden Stairs, but he was a weird dog, he was bred to herd cows rather than sheep and had long legs almost like a Greyhound's legs. 

1 hour ago, Invictaag said:

Stand by to have everything in the house chewed, when my Parents Border Collie was a Pup it even chewed lumps out of their wooden Stairs, but he was a weird dog, he was bred to herd cows rather than sheep and had long legs almost like a Greyhound's legs. 

my collie went for the door frames lol......ended up having to splice in new bits of wood......................had a thing for shiny things........used to steal knives and forks and spoons and stash them in his bed lol

I used to see one of those long leg collies at the park. I thought of it as a supermodel collie.

Our Goldie (not ours really but I think of her as ours) was a little monster when she was a pup, she ate most of the garden and required almost constant supervision to stop her eating the house, as this photo shows.

_kncWDKUHlfQ6kTGxQnvQ-Y80y2uk23UbCigYZiw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 tins of Molak enamel still unused for £1 at a car boot. Never heard of them before. Was a big box full of them. Anyone ever used them?

We went to Coughton Court today and apparently I've been a good boy so Mrs Gorby insisted on buying me some overpriced toys.

Ib_aQP8BomrRQjPS8NDXLRTMU5rwEINqVe28Pqhb

I'm currently sampling that one.

Niiiiice. :beer:

Edited by Gorby
  • Like 2