James Hatch

Make 'em jealous! What did you just get?

1 hour ago, RWG686 said:

OOOH! A Spitfire too :stirthepot:

No it's a twentytoo actually :D

• Haha 4

Looks as if you lads had a good weekend and @GrunhertzI'm sure it illegal or at least immoral to leave a good model shop without buying something ;) 

Edited by Col.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

They don't call me the last of the big spenders for nothing you know! Here is my very modest haul from the Northern Show, purchased from Paul at Modelling Tools.

IMG_5508-L.jpg

Duncan B

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BlackMike Models said:

Here is my very modest haul

Is that a new makeup range? :biggrin:

Can't see them being much use on a Javelin,Hunter,Lightning or Phantom though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Afternoon Everyone :) 

Just popped into the local to get some 40mm Masking tape 

Rather an epic failure on my behalf :no:

resized_61771caa-89d9-4103-985a-39148e50

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, RWG686 said:

Is that a new makeup range? :biggrin:

Can't see them being much use on a Javelin,Hunter,Lightning or Phantom though.

I thought oily streaks were part of the standard colour schemes of Javelins and Phantoms!!

Duncan B

• Haha 2

On 5/31/2019 at 12:03 PM, BlackMike Models said:

I have been a very good boy this week so I have rewarded myself with some purchases. I do remember saying I wasn't buying anymore AZmodel Bf109s but they have released a G-12 and ERLA G-10 so what's a man to do?

IMG_5494-L.jpg

The Rory Gallagher boxset is a brand new release which includes many previously unreleased recordings, it's simply brilliant.

Duncan B

Have you been to the Rory Gallagher annual festival in Ballyshannon? Cos you've just missed it, it was last weekend. Damn fine Guiness too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Che Guava said:

Have you been to the Rory Gallagher annual festival in Ballyshannon? Cos you've just missed it, it was last weekend. Damn fine Guiness too.

No, it's been on my bucket list for as long as it's been going though. I take it you are a fan too?

Duncan B

2 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

No, it's been on my bucket list for as long as it's been going though. I take it you are a fan too?

Duncan B

For some reason, he was never in my top five although I was a Taste fan I never followed his solo stuff. My missus is a fan from way back, and she got me into him via her vinyl collection (!) and finally persuaded me to go to last year's event. I'm definitely not a fan of open air festivals - the last one I was at was in 1972 - but the RoryFest is great - it just takes over a wee Irish town and fills every pub with bands. Tremendous. Great bands, Great event. move it to the top of your bucket list. When you're doing that, score off bungee-jumping, paragliging, and eating the world's hottest chillie - you'll have more money for Guiness., and you'll probably not die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

An epic success on the shop-keeper's part though I'd say :D 

4 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

I thought oily streaks were part of the standard colour schemes of Javelins and Phantoms!!

Duncan B

On Javelins and Phantoms yes. On you? Not so much.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

oops

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

ust popped into the local to get some 40mm Masking tape 

resized_821818c0-1106-4647-8c21-a2e51ae3

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

Well that just sounds rude 😁

Mind like a sewer. 

That's the spirit! :thumbup:

• Haha 2

On 31/05/2019 at 12:03, BlackMike Models said:

The Rory Gallagher boxset is a brand new release which includes many previously unreleased recordings, it's simply brilliant.

Cerys (that’s Welsh by the way) Mathews show on Radio 2 last night was playing tracks from this release. She was interviewing his brother who was his road manager during his career. It was a really good show with plenty of stories and insights along with lots of Gallagher tracks.

• Like 2

On 03/06/2019 at 10:28, Col. said:

An epic success on the shop-keeper's part though I'd say :D

A young guy from Texas moves to California and goes to one of those big "everything under one roof" stores looking for a job. The manager asked, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The kid said, "Sure, I was a salesman back home in Texas ."

The boss liked the kid so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I’ll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down to see how things went.

"How many sales did you make today?"

The young man replied without hesitating, "One."

The boss said, "Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?"

The kid said, "$101,237.64."

The boss said, "$101,237.64?! What the hell did you sell?!"

The kid said, "First I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fish hook. Then I sold him a larger fish hook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down at the coast, so I told him he was gonna need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him that twin-engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn’t think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Blazer."

Amazed, the boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and a truck?"

"No, he came here to buy a box of tampons for his wife and I said, 'Well, your weekend’s shot, you might as well go fishing.'"

• Haha 4

On 6/3/2019 at 11:39 AM, Mad Steve said:

That's probably the worlds most expensive roll of masking tape.

• Haha 1

On 02/06/2019 at 19:54, beowulf said:

back from the Northern Show with a few additions to the stash

some supplies  including some interesting Russian paint......and some of those AK weathering pencils every ones going on about

14l3m8z.jpg

some greeblies

e0dpl.jpg

couple of cars......been after another dragster for ages and the Honda was so cheap i couldnt pass it up

dfeezd.jpg

29vl6vd.jpg

4utlp5.jpg

you might see where the last few are going...........since i picked up the Coastal Kits airfield base especially for the control tower

23gy3aw.jpg

qsruiv.jpg

That Airfix Spit 22 is absolutely awful(Col will agree),best send it on to me where I can use it for spares for other conversion work..........:evil:

• Haha 1