Site Admin

Make 'em jealous! What did you just get?

My pre-ordered Arma Hobbies 1/72 Hurricane expert kit + 3 overtrees arrived this morning.
It looks beautiful on the sprue 
Looking forward to starting one in the new year.  

I would have liked the clear parts in a separate bags. 
But a cursory glance didn't show any scratches.

For anyone interested in what the kit contains:
Link to box and contents   

Have to say that the box is very handsome. 
big_70018-pudlo.jpg?lm=1541260205

Edited by Walrus
  • Like 2

Amongst a small but well-thought selection of lovely gifts I received there's a book and DVD set called World's Greatest Warplanes and the Spitfire documentry DVD so plenty to watch over the next couple days while the girls are glued to cheesy Christmas films on TV :) 

• Like 2

A good haul this year my thing with Eduard MiGs continues. I'll be building 2 vietnam pfs this year this one was from my wife 

IMG_20181226_083743.thumb.jpg.fa77a599f0968788cbaf874120576f30.jpg

My daughters bought me the Meng Panther D 

IMG_20181226_083750.thumb.jpg.5eb2c24d393e2ce44e8a222ae1fdd2a6.jpg

And my mum bought me the Manta 

IMG_20181226_083733.thumb.jpg.64544d6e9a6e5cf91fefb0b783c5ad1a.jpg

• Like 4

I have been looking for a DH2 for a while and thought this might make a nice challenging project, and before anyone else says it yes there is method in my madness,

resized_ccba7d1b-af16-4d21-b62f-3844d889

Cheers Andy

• Like 1

I have one of those in the stash, bought when Freightdog were selling off Pegasus kits at bargain basement prices. Challenging, LOL!

• Like 1

Picked this one up at the weekend for £10 through an advert on Facebook Marketplace...

2019-01-07_07-47-06

...then arrived home this evening to discover the postie had been...

2019-01-07_07-48-16

Plenty future projects will come about now thanks to these decal sheets :) 

• Like 2

As part of my massive stash reduction plan (*),I let it be known that no models were to be purchased for me for Christmas       However,I also let it be known that I am saving up to buy a Canadair Argus conversion so was pleased that my wife put some money in a card for me. 

No..she doesn't know about the very large box containing the donor Mach Britannia which arrived last month 😁

(*) Destined to fail..no Airfix Vulcan yet but a new Buccaneer.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, RWG686 said:

However,I also let it be known that I am saving up to buy a Canadair Argus conversion so was pleased that my wife put some money in a card for me. 😁

An Argus conversion? Do tell, says she with an Airways Britannia up in the closet of shame...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jessie_C said:

An Argus conversion?

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TWC72032

I wonder though if they would have been as well doing a complete kit as there's not very much left of the Britannia.

This will probably turn out to be my most expensive model ever as postage pushed the Brit up to £66 and I reckon the conversion set will be more than that given what is involved.

Got to have one though! Fond memories of them growling over Morayshire in the sixties.

20 hours ago, RWG686 said:

As part of my massive stash reduction plan (*),I let it be known that no models were to be purchased for me for Christmas       However,I also let it be known that I am saving up to buy a Canadair Argus conversion so was pleased that my wife put some money in a card for me. 

No..she doesn't know about the very large box containing the donor Mach Britannia which arrived last month 😁

(*) Destined to fail..no Airfix Vulcan yet but a new Buccaneer.

I see absolutely no chance of a new tool airfix vulcan as the existing one still sells well 

1 hour ago, Grunhertz said:

I see absolutely no chance of a new tool airfix vulcan

Allegedly they have been measuring the one at Sunderland using LIDAR.

Saw that reported in a couple of places but can't remember where.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grunhertz said:

I see absolutely no chance of a new tool airfix vulcan as the existing one still sells well 

Agreed, but it all depends on the condition of the extant tooling. If it's knackered it will get replaced, because it's quite plain that a 1/72 Vulcan is a massive money spinner. If they've LIDAR'ed a Vulcan, expect to see a new kit 2-3 years down the line from when it was measured.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Brown said:

Agreed, but it all depends on the condition of the extant tooling. If it's knackered it will get replaced, because it's quite plain that a 1/72 Vulcan is a massive money spinner. If they've LIDAR'ed a Vulcan, expect to see a new kit 2-3 years down the line from when it was measured.

Will it still be a massive money spinner at double the cost? Honing on the cost of the Victor? 

3 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

Will it still be a massive money spinner at double the cost?

My local you shop has it for £43.

I'd rather pay more and get a better kit! (so much for stash reduction eh!)

Anyway @Sir Talbot Buxomlyhas probably sold his lead singer and got the first 100 on advanced order 😃

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

Will it still be a massive money spinner at double the cost? Honing on the cost of the Victor? 

People will bitch as they're handing over the cash. Every man and his dog wants a new tool Vulcan in 1/72.  

• Like 2

Of course. I'm sure you might be able to borrow it now and then. :wink:

XGi? It looks similar to the Tritium but with the top air release instead of the pistol trigger. The only thing I don't like about my Grex is the needle cap, a magnetic fastening isn't really a brilliant idea and mine keeps going AWOL.

Picked up my pre-order from Halifax Modellers World today.

A full box of 12x Airfix 1/72 Phantom FGR.2's.

Tooms.jpg

And dug out my decals to go with them.

Toom_decals.jpg

• Like 2