Make 'em jealous! What did you just get?

Just ordered some lycra thread and a Hurricane from our friendly pirate. I was only going to order the thread but....

'Yer will buys the 'urricane or yerll swing from top mizzen by morn...' 😁 Well actually just couldn't resist that blue scheme.

el-pirata-de-barbillas.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
On 12/08/2022 at 20:41, mac1677 said:

This arrived from Jadlam today, ordered on Wednesday afternoon so not too shabby. This will not be built as per the box art...it is going to be a whif, if you can whif a sci-fi vehicle 🤔
52281820640_23a955794b_z.jpg

Certainly you can!  Look very nice in RAF Sand /Stone/Black finish 😊😉

Allan

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not it sure if it'll make anyone jealous but, I'm happy! 😊

Got an original, complete Airfix Hawker Hart in the 1959 packaging. For those unaware, the mould was modified in (I think) 1967 to produce the current Hawker Demon. 

Anticipating gnashing of teeth and , howls of anguish from collectors, I am (a) discarding the packaging which means nothing to me and, (b)  going to build this kit side by side with  the Demon. 

Decals look shot but, I'm going to do colourful (but fictional)  scheme similar to the Demon. Only paid £15 which is not bad considering sone of the prices asked. Like the Demon, its  neat little model despite its age. 

Allan

Edited by Thatsmyboy
  • Like 11

s8Jzp1UN_o.jpg 

Yes I know I don't do 1/48th scale and I wasn't going to buy it because of the price but....

1. I have no willpower

2. It's a Buccaneer

3. It's in proper colours and with LM markings

4. One of the options is XV867.  On 06 December 1968, I saw it land at HMS Fulmar on its delivery flight to the Royal Navy.

5. I haven't bought any beer, whisky or pineapple tarts since it was announced. :biggrin:.

@Tony is well started on his but if anybody wants to see what's in the box just shout and I'll do a post.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, RWG686 said:

s8Jzp1UN_o.jpg 

Yes I know I don't do 1/48th scale and I wasn't going to buy it because of the price but....

1. I have no willpower

2. It's a Buccaneer

4. One of the options is XV867.  On 06 December 1968, I saw it land at HMS Fulmar on its delivery flight to the Royal Navy.

5. I haven't bought any beer, whisky or pineapple tarts since it was announced. :biggrin:.

@Tony is well started on his but if anybody wants to see what's in the box just shout and I'll do a post.

Please do it doesnt float my boat but go for it 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
1 hour ago, RWG686 said:

1. I have no willpower

2. It's a Buccaneer

In that case you deserve it :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, RWG686 said:

..if anybody wants to see what's in the box just shout and I'll do a post.

Feel free to post it to me :D

• Haha 5
12 hours ago, RWG686 said:

s8Jzp1UN_o.jpg 

1. I have no willpower

2. It's a Buccaneer

Be still my beating heart! I will be strong! I will be firm! I will be stern o’ purpoise! I will…

Well, I was digging around in the collection for some kits to flog - I have far too many kits!!!  - like some others here (you know who you are), I’m not going to acquire any more until I slim things down*. A lot! Says he who just ordered another kit, which is why I can’t afford the Bucc 🤣😅😬😅. By that time the Bucc will no doubt be OOP (it probably already is 🤬).

Which a protracted way of saying that I’m EXCEEDINGLY JEALOUS!!!

+1 for a box contents review, so that I can see what I’ll be missing 🤣

@@

* I’d put up a list on this forum, but being in Orstrilia the cost o’ shippin’ would be prohibitive…

Edited by Dr Loopy
Typos. ‘I will be frim’, good grief
  • Haha 6
9 minutes ago, Dr Loopy said:

‘I will be frim’,

ORIGIN OF FRIM

• From Middle English frym, from Old English freme (“vigorous, flourishing”), a secondary form of Old English fram (“strenuous, active, bold, strong”), 
    So if you are vigorous and flourishing you'll be buying a Buccaneer and if you are bold strong etc, you'll be buying a Buccaneer.
    Problem of course is what kits to sell to fund it.
  • Haha 6

From what I have been reading on the Web, the kit is getting good reviews with one saying something to the effect of a Tamiya kit at half the price! I don't know if that's true or not but high praise indeed. Not something I would buy but would be keen to see a review on here.

Roll on the 1:24 Spitfire

• Like 3

This!

Katy.jpg

Seems nicely moulded with crisp detail. 4 decal options (RASC NW Europe 1944, North Africa 1940, Alexandria (Egypt)1942, and ATS Home Front 1944). The Alexandria option is fairly

obviously intended to represent "Katy" from Ice Cold in Alex, and the Home Front is (allegedly) the ATS truck driven by HM the Queen during her service in WW2.

My first will be "Katy". I hope some enterprising manufacturer produces a set of crew figures resembling Harry Andrews, John Mills, Sylvia Syms and Anthony Quayle!

• Like 7

In every persons life comes a moment when they finally admit they really need at least 9CFM:

52289375336_65624f0840_b.jpg

Yes, its loud, and sprays at 50 PSI day long and drinks oil...the Norton Commando of Compressors.

In other news, look at this, pretty or what? Just wanted the neck but rest of it is too pretty to get rid of..Also bought a load weird of kits from the Big H but they will be put up when Thunderbird 2 delivers them.

52280257103_738d6b4665_b.jpg52280503044_3d476226ba_b.jpg

52280256568_1845a36260_b.jpg52280238321_eba696b40b_b.jpg

Peace

A

• Like 9
18 hours ago, RWG686 said:

s8Jzp1UN_o.jpg 

1. I have no willpower

2. It's a Buccaneer

Well, I was shocked when I saw the price of this kit. I certainly wont be buying it. 

I had  to reach for my favourite bottle of Bunnahabhain 12 year old (and some pineapple tarts)  to help me recover! 😉😂🥃

Allan

• Haha 5
4 hours ago, Gorby said:

Does anyone know why the Tanmodel 1/48 Buccaneer was cancelled?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tanmodel-2205-blackburn-buccaneer-smk2a-b-and-mk50--1074505 

So far as I'm aware they put the project aside during the research phase to concentrate on government work for the Turkish authorities and arms manufacturers.

The last I seen of the Bucc project was a request for the front undercarriage door dimensions a few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1