Jump to content

Make 'em jealous! What did you just get?


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, skwonk said:

A new phone. Still working out how to use the ruddy thing but the touch screen on my old one wasn't responding at times. Oh and two books.

20220807-165718.jpg

The SBS book is ficction?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I pity the fool who uses his/her/their mouse to control Logic: I'm fully motorised baby, dig it.

52274855295_d76eb06213_b.jpg

And something to put in funky bass lines,

52274368131_39d5cd6456_b.jpg

Studio all set up, waiting for the outboard synths and compressors et al to be all wired up, after that all I have to do learn is Logic Studio X, making a model kit will be a pleasant distraction from the rocket science.

52274855600_c38bc51870_b.jpg

52273395307_66ae8df4a3_b.jpg

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo said:

Mr. Terry Thomas I just want to know if it's a full ficction or based on facts.

One book is about a tough  no nonsense occasionally fearsome reputation, the other is about the SBS. 

Non fiction for both.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Having worked with a guy that was in the SBS in the 2nd World War. I was in awe of what he an his mates did on D Day. No hand to hand combat but spent nearly 24 hours up to his neck in the sea acting as human guide light and that first having swam three miles to the beach from a mine sweeper to be one of the first few people to step foot on a French beach on  D Day. His only protection from the cold channel waters was a rudimentary dry suit. and to keep awake they gave him tablets that when they pulled him out once the bridgehead was established caused him to hallucinate that crabs had eaten parts of his lower body and legs. He had been mortared, shelled, shot at run over by a landing craft and shouted at by a beach marshal to get his arse out of the water and do some real fighting!

Yes it could have been made up but when I saw the tears in his eyes and heard the solemn way he spoke, I knew it was true. How he survived that day I will never know.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, azureglo said:

I pity the fool who uses his/her/their mouse to control Logic: I'm fully motorised baby, dig it.

52274855295_d76eb06213_b.jpg

And something to put in funky bass lines,

52274368131_39d5cd6456_b.jpg

Studio all set up, waiting for the outboard synths and compressors et al to be all wired up, after that all I have to do learn is Logic Studio X, making a model kit will be a pleasant distraction from the rocket science.

52274855600_c38bc51870_b.jpg

52273395307_66ae8df4a3_b.jpg

 

That is one loverly set up, what sort of music do you make?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,
I attended the IPMS Avon show at the weekend with AMSIG and had a great day meeting up with friends and chatting about models and geeky stuff.

 

Anyhoo, here are my purchases:

52271168796_83be7a741a.jpg
52270203382_df1bd273c0_z.jpg
52271168801_aa5a6018a8_z.jpg
52271432064_9601cfd34c_z.jpg
52271432079_c1791b6299.jpg

I was also given the following by a member of AMSIG:

Airfix 1/72 SR.53 - No box, instructions or decals
Airfix 1/35 Bedford QL Gun portee - complete
Airfix 1/35 15-CWT truck and 6 pdr gun - no gun.
Tamiya 1/72 Zero 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/07/2022 at 02:54, dixieflyer said:

Back in the the 90's Makita was the name in tools as far as I was concerned. Still it, but harder for me to find. 

DeWalt was bought by Black & Decker, so that's the quality you're getting now from them. 

My power tools, apart from an Elu router, an old de Walt circular saw in the Triton workbench and the Bosch palm router, are either Makita (predominantly) or Festool.

 

On 21/07/2022 at 01:36, Gorby said:

After my drills, my Bosch palm router is by far my most used power tool and only last week I was thinking how much Bosch has deduced the quality of their tools and that if I was starting collecting tools now, I would go for Makita.

I have a Bosch blue palm router too: it'is exceedingly good! I use it - usually with a 3 mm roundover bit - on my 1:1 boats.

 

I just realised that the two posts above were several pages behind - I had failed to refresh this page the browser on the computer. I actually popped in here to rabbit on about this:

Airfix A08001 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II, as seen on @Tony's lovely thread, but got waylaid as usual...

52276384615_9c0e9ea758_b.jpg

 

 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't model aircraft much these days, and when I do, it tends to be ones that are easy to brush paint, but when I saw the schemes on this one I couldn't resist. Only question now is, which one do I not do?

4dKvaZE.jpg

I'm thinking the first one has to go as the nose stripe needs to be masked and painted which will be a complete chore, but would look great if done well. The Luftwaffe bitza with a mix of mid and late war camo colours plus unpainted panels looks fun and the Italian is a shoo in (and makes me 1/48 version on the shelf of doom redundant).

Andy

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tolvcat said:

I don't model aircraft much these days, and when I do, it tends to be ones that are easy to brush paint, but when I saw the schemes on this one I couldn't resist. Only question now is, which one do I not do?

4dKvaZE.jpg

I'm thinking the first one has to go as the nose stripe needs to be masked and painted which will be a complete chore, but would look great if done well. The Luftwaffe bitza with a mix of mid and late war camo colours plus unpainted panels looks fun and the Italian is a shoo in (and makes me 1/48 version on the shelf of doom redundant).

Andy

You need two more copies of that kit Andy; problem solved :D 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Col. said:

You need two more copies of that kit Andy; problem solved :D 

No, only one more - I already have two but my card ran and hid as I mithered about just getting three and being done with it :D 

Andy

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tolvcat said:

No, only one more - I already have two but my card ran and hid as I mithered about just getting three and being done with it :D 

Andy

My card has syncope on the last invoice.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Armed with Birthday money,..... I`m off to the model shop this afternoon! The new (and rather expensive!)Airfix Buccaneer may be on the cards,..... if there are any left,...... and possibly an Eduard Wildcat and Spitfire Vc,...... we`ll see!!

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tony said:

Armed with Birthday money,..... I`m off to the model shop this afternoon! The new (and rather expensive!)Airfix Buccaneer may be on the cards,..... if there are any left,...... and possibly an Eduard Wildcat and Spitfire Vc,...... we`ll see!!

I keep looking at that Spitfire - there's a couple of schemes in the box that mirror the new Airfix 1/24 IXc but at half the size (in each of three dimensions, so an eigth of the volume but I don't display my models that way) and a third of the cost.

Andy

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2022 at 06:39, Mish said:

That is one loverly set up, what sort of music do you make?

Hey Mish, I do remote sessions on guitar/bass for producers & DJs as well write /produce originals (pop/soul/neo soul). Just sold four songs to Sony Publishing who gave me a 12 month contract and the new stuff was bought with the advance. I was a session studio/touring guitarist for well over a decade in the 80/90s so it back to my roots but digital, my days of analogue desks and multi-track tape machines are a distant memory, and I'd like to keep it that way.

 

-Anil

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

This arrived from Jadlam today, ordered on Wednesday afternoon so not too shabby. This will not be built as per the box art...it is going to be a whif, if you can whif a sci-fi vehicle 🤔
52281820640_23a955794b_z.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...