Make 'em jealous! What did you just get?

5 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

😬 are you quite sure you have enough stuff there.... 🙄

I did promise Jan I'd build it lol and most of it I didn't order. I ordered the kit, exhausts and look panel, but all of that arrived 

• Like 4

You're just showing off now. :)  I would have been all over it if they'd bothered to produce it in the right scale. I'll wait on Arma Hobby. :) 

I do look forward to seeing what you do with this. What scheme/pilot/etc are you going to do? 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, dixieflyer said:

You're just showing off now. :)  I would have been all over it if they'd bothered to produce it in the right scale. I'll wait on Arma Hobby. :) 

I do look forward to seeing what you do with this. What scheme/pilot/etc are you going to do? 

No idea yet 

From the Essex Modeller's Show.

DSC_0406.thumb.JPG.937eeed7d23bb5859040b135c83456b3.JPG

These Arma kits are utterly sublime.

DSC_0407.thumb.JPG.7501ef6ef1f2dc4aab6f05fb0696d974.JPG

Been meaning to get one of these for a while, it should be just the ticket for mitring.

Oh, got some paints off of Mr & Mrs Grunhertz, aka Topnotch Models, cheers guys!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Paul Brown, aren't they though?  A friend of mine recently stated that if he was trapped on a desert island, he'd be happy with only Arma Hobby kits to build if he could pick just one manufacturer. I have to agree, and can't wait until I can sink my teeth into one of mine.

• Like 2

@azureglo @dixieflyer same here, although it’s the MX2 with slightly annoying USB bluetooth dongle. Dr Mrs Dr Loopy has an MX2 without said dongle - we both love them, so comfortable and precise! Unlike the Jony Ive monstrosity with added ludicrous charging port on the bottom of the mouse and which procedure turns the flippin’ mouse OFF, good grief :rant:Cough cough. Ahem.

This appeared in the post recently (as if by magic*)

Tamiya 1/12 Suzuki RG250 Gamma with Full Options, a.k.a. Boy Racer Killer(TM). ‘Full options’ merely means that it has lower cowl parts, racing stand and the single temporary=boy-racer seat. Oh, and a red colour scheme option (makes it go faster, ninga-ninga-ninga** SPLAT!).

52262004534_baea73f114_b.jpg

This was a last-minute replacement  for the Tamiya 1/12 Katana 750 Mk II - the shop emailed me to say that Tamiya in their ‘wisdom’ have cancelled it :rant: :rant: :rant: . Well, from their Aust catalogue at any rate. (I really wish that they’d re-release their Honda CX-500/CX 650 kits.) So that makes an even dozen Tamiya 1/12 bike kits. Praps I should build one, ahem :scooter:… (with apologies to @Mad Steve).

* Well, not really, I ordered it and paid for the postage.

** It was a 2-stroke. I hate two-strokes :rofl:***

*** ‘:rofl:’ still not working. Weird.

Edited by Dr Loopy
Too Many Typos
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
On 29/07/2022 at 16:55, RWG686 said:

I was in Glasgow today to meet up with @Che Guava.

As usual Scotts Models was the rendezvous point.

I only needed 2 tins of paint but...

20220729_163714.jpg

Well done that man!  I like your attitude. I cannot ever go into Wonderland and, come out with just "two tins of paint" 😉😂

Maybe three tins.......! 

• Haha 6

You know those big blue Ikea bags? One of them full (& I mean full) of assorted Vallejo, Games Workshop paints, primers, washes and fillers

Donated to the makerspace I run as a fellow on the island is heading off to Australia for a couple of years rather than put them in storage

• Like 7