Make 'em jealous! What did you just get?

8 hours ago, Winnie said:

This is the biggun I just got. 

I was sat 4 days on the far side of Lake Superior, then another 3 in Toronto with travel chaos awaiting my return to play with it. It's nice!

If you're nice to @Grunhertz, he'll lend you his bicycle pump to inflate it🤣

• Haha 5

Beer/Paul Brown rocket propellant materials. 9%, what could possibly go wrong?

52249297378_8fd1b42510_b.jpg

A newish modeller I met at Poole Vikings decided that this was not the hobby for him and asked if wanted these. How much, I asked ? £25 cash, he replied, were in my car boot in under thirty seconds...

52249573024_864030b0f7_b.jpg

Neck, bridge and pickups for mellow lightweight Telecaster that will only be used for jazz and soul

52249569559_1774ba3657_b.jpg

Body for mellow lightweight Telecaster 

52249295688_1eb01efd0b_b.jpg

52249295198_1a0947a862_b.jpg

• Like 8
46 minutes ago, azureglo said:

were in my car boot in under thirty seconds...

Excellent catch, especially as the F-5 re-released by Italeri is £25 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, RWG686 said:

Excellent catch, especially as the F-5 re-released by Italeri is £25 

And I have the Wolfpack release with a gazillion decals...

Edit: Wait a gold darned minute did you say £25 for the OLD ESCI KIT!! Infamy, infamy!! They've all got it for me!!!

Edited by azureglo
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, dixieflyer said:

That Eduard B-25 reboot is a nice kit and goes for double of what you paid for the lot. Good haul!

Already had one that was earmarked to become "Berlin Express" from Catch 22 to accompany the Airfix B as "Dumbo" but when you mentioned that the decals let you do a machine Heller flew in, that clinched it for a fraction of the price of what just HG plastic goes for. The Revell pilots also sell for stupid money ( seen eBay auctions end at £48) and this actually has two complete sets of pilots..

• Like 2

Also @azureglo, two things that have been brought to my attention regarding the Hasegawa B-25:

- The inner diameter of the cowling is too small. Easy enough to fix with some sandpaper and a dowel.

- The nose glazing is incorrect. No excuse for them to screw this up, but they did, they made it identical on each side, and it's not. Major surgery will ensue if you decide to fix it, and I decided a while back I don't have the skill set, so I'm just going to have to live with it.

3 hours ago, dixieflyer said:

They're the soft plastic ones?

That Luftwaffe set is in hard plastic, the tooling was done by Preiser some time ago, but the sculpting is exceptional and very worthwhile obtaining.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Paul Brown said:

That Luftwaffe set is in hard plastic, the tooling was done by Preiser some time ago, but the sculpting is exceptional and very worthwhile obtaining.  

Then I can see why they'd go for a premium. I wonder if Preiser owns the molds, and that's why Revell hasn't re-released them. I know I'd love to have a set like that for USAAF, RAF, USN/USMC, and IJN/IJAAF.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, skwonk said:

There's a theme with me at present. Went out for a haggis but sadly all sold out so got these instead.

20220730-153540.jpg

You can play domino

• Haha 5
31 minutes ago, dixieflyer said:

I wonder if Preiser owns the molds, and that's why Revell hasn't re-released them. 

I think Preiser is still a going concern and probably retains the tooling and the rights. Revell did a set of RAF figures that were released 2009-10 (I believe), not quite as sharply moulded as the Preiser stuff, but still rather good. One snag with these that is commonly raised is that they are true to scale and therefore it can be difficult to get the seated figures to fit into kit seats and cockpits. They're also now quite a rarity.

01.JPG.6d2d3c97b26fce832cb3a98e5ad2032b.JPG

02.JPG.06f1419ef178bef1ee3de709df5a135e.JPG

• Like 3

@Paul Brown, yes, Preiser is still a going concern, I just don't think they put out a whole lot anymore.  Their model RR line is their main bread and butter IMHO, and that's where most of their effort is spent. I still have an old set of their Luftwaffe figures, great stuff.

@azureglo, you bad man, keeping all the good 1/72nd figures for yourself! ;)

• Haha 1

This was on my list for next year, the demise of G-Force Models and the attendant closing-down sale has brought it forward a bit -

DSCN2235.jpg

First Amusing Hobby kit I've bought - at first glance, it looks very good indeed. 

• Like 6