Make 'em jealous! What did you just get?

A couple of kits I had on back order came in last week, so I put them in my basket and left it a couple of days. Got a couple of books last week, one on the A6M fighter, and one covering all the air arms involved in the first six months of the Pacific theatre in WW2. There are some cracking schemes for the early Zero, not all of them from Pearl Harbour, so I added some decals[1]. Then I noticed the Zeros I had were either the wrong model or the wrong scale so I added a couple of A6M2 to the order too. 

Funny how my stash now has the same number of Zeroes as my bank account - far too many and in the wrong places :/ All set for Diwali though.

Andy

[1] There is one decal company out there that does the decals I wanted in 1/72 and 1/48, but only kind of. They provide the national insignia, codes and any unit emblems but the schemes I was really interested in all have colourful stripes and chevrons round the fuselage and tail, and they leave you to colour match, mask and paint them yourself. Why? To me that's only doing half a job, and not even the important half :( 

• Like 4

Popped into my LHS on the way back from Asda
Forgot I had asked them to get me one of these
100-8019.jpg

Saw one selling for sale on Facebook and thought it would be ideal for a post apocalypse style diorama
Why is it so much easier to have ideas than it is to turn them into a finished thing? xD  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

Nah, they have too many strict rules like, you have to wear posh clothes 😁

An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Latvian, a Turk, a German, an Indian, several Americans (including a Hawaiian and an Alaskan), an Argentinean, a Dane, an Australian, a Slovak, an Egyptian, a Japanese, a Moroccan, a Frenchman, a New Zealander, a Spaniard, a Russian, a Guatemalan, a Colombian, a Pakistani, a Malaysian, a Croatian, a Uzbek, a Cypriot, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a Chinese, a Sri Lankan, a Lebanese, a Cayman Islander, a Ugandan, a Vietnamese, a Korean, a Uruguayan, a Czech, an Icelander, a Mexican, a Finn, a Honduran, a Panamanian, an Andorran, an Israeli, a Venezuelan, an Iranian, a Fijian, a Peruvian, an Estonian, a Syrian, a Brazilian, a Portuguese, a Liechtensteiner, a Mongolian, a Hungarian, a Canadian, a Moldovan, a Haitian, a Norfolk Islander, a Macedonian, a Bolivian, a Cook Islander, a Tajikistani, a Samoan, an Armenian, an Aruban, an Albanian, a Greenlander, a Micronesian, a Virgin Islander, a Georgian, a Bahaman, a Belarusian, a Cuban, a Tongan, a Cambodian, a Canadian, a Qatari, an Azerbaijani, a Romanian, a Chilean, a Jamaican, a Filipino, a Ukrainian, a Dutchman, a Ecuadorian, a Costa Rican, a Swede, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Swiss, a Greek, a Belgian, a Singaporean, an Italian, a Norwegian and 2 Africans walk into a fine restaurant.

"I'm sorry" says the maître d', after scrutinizing the group. "But you can't come in here without a Thai".

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
17 hours ago, Jessie_C said:

An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Latvian, a Turk, a German, an Indian, several Americans (including a Hawaiian and an Alaskan), an Argentinean, a Dane, an Australian, a Slovak, an Egyptian, a Japanese, a Moroccan, a Frenchman, a New Zealander, a Spaniard, a Russian, a Guatemalan, a Colombian, a Pakistani, a Malaysian, a Croatian, a Uzbek, a Cypriot, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a Chinese, a Sri Lankan, a Lebanese, a Cayman Islander, a Ugandan, a Vietnamese, a Korean, a Uruguayan, a Czech, an Icelander, a Mexican, a Finn, a Honduran, a Panamanian, an Andorran, an Israeli, a Venezuelan, an Iranian, a Fijian, a Peruvian, an Estonian, a Syrian, a Brazilian, a Portuguese, a Liechtensteiner, a Mongolian, a Hungarian, a Canadian, a Moldovan, a Haitian, a Norfolk Islander, a Macedonian, a Bolivian, a Cook Islander, a Tajikistani, a Samoan, an Armenian, an Aruban, an Albanian, a Greenlander, a Micronesian, a Virgin Islander, a Georgian, a Bahaman, a Belarusian, a Cuban, a Tongan, a Cambodian, a Canadian, a Qatari, an Azerbaijani, a Romanian, a Chilean, a Jamaican, a Filipino, a Ukrainian, a Dutchman, a Ecuadorian, a Costa Rican, a Swede, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Swiss, a Greek, a Belgian, a Singaporean, an Italian, a Norwegian and 2 Africans walk into a fine restaurant.

"I'm sorry" says the maître d', after scrutinizing the group. "But you can't come in here without a Thai".

Lotta work there J, I hope you copied and pasted! Kudos if you didn't!! 

13 hours ago, Col. said:

Found this one on eBay and got it for a single bid of £34 plus postage :) 

2021-10-14_07-20-26

Perhaps the fact it was listed as a "Phanton" helped my cause? Thinking to do it in-flight as crew figures are included.

JASDF F-4's are a positive argument for all those tiny stencil decals that litter the entire airframe!

I really like the two tone sea blue, it would look so cool on a Buccaneer! 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

Blimey Col have you won the lottery?

Duncan B

Been putting in a lot of overtime lately Duncan; hence why I can afford to treat myself to that lovely Fine Molds F-4EJ which arrived at 7am this morning from Blackmike Models 😁 Quite when I'll get any free time to make them on the other hand is a rather different consideration :|

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MikoLee said:

JASDF F-4's are a positive argument for all those tiny stencil decals that litter the entire airframe!

I really like the two tone sea blue, it would look so cool on a Buccaneer! 

They do look rather nice. At least that's my excuse for adding two more kits to an already over-large kit stash :blush:

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Col. said:

Been putting in a lot of overtime lately Duncan; hence why I can afford to treat myself to that lovely Fine Molds F-4EJ which arrived at 7am this morning from Blackmike Models 😁 Quite when I'll get any free time to make them on the other hand is a rather different consideration :|

I never got the chance to look in the box so if you get the chance can you post some photos up please?

Duncan B

P.S. How's your USN Aardvarks itch? See my latest post in my Traders section :devil:

• Like 1

A work mate shoved this in my hand the other day saying 'you do these don't you?' 

I'll put it together 'eighties style' over the weekend and present it to him on Monday

I'm assuming the is the 1979 edition of their MkIIA

Airfix-Spit-1-1.jpgAirfix-Spit-1-2.jpgAirfix-Spit-1-3.jpg

Miko (always thought a 'raspberry ripple' Spit would look pretty cool?)

• Like 3
2 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

I never got the chance to look in the box so if you get the chance can you post some photos up please?

Duncan B

P.S. How's your USN Aardvarks itch? See my latest post in my Traders section :devil:

Did VP Packing get to it before you could take a look and become tempted yourself? Will try for some daylight photos over the weekend and perhaps make a comparison with the larger but older Hasegawa kit.

As for my itch; it's strong but my wallet needs a bit of recovery time :blush:

7 minutes ago, MikoLee said:

A work mate shoved this in my hand the other day saying 'you do these don't you?' 

I'll put it together 'eighties style' over the weekend and present it to him on Monday

I'm assuming the is the 1979 edition of their MkIIA

Airfix-Spit-1-1.jpgAirfix-Spit-1-2.jpgAirfix-Spit-1-3.jpg

Miko (always thought a 'raspberry ripple' Spit would look pretty cool?)

Although an old kit and of its time it is a good one.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Col. said:

Although an old kit and of its time it is a good one.

I once read this kit 'captures the 'sit' of an early Spitfire' which it sort of does up on it's undercarriage, despite 70's tech, raised panel lines etc it is one of the best shaped of all the early merlin powered spit kits I know of

Miko (long time spitfire enthusiast)

Edited by MikoLee
4 minutes ago, MikoLee said:

I once read this kit 'captures the 'sit' of an early Spitfire' which it sort of does up on it's undercarriage, despite 70's tech, raised panel lines etc it is one of the best shaped of all the early merlin powered spit kits I know of

Miko (long time spitfire enthusiast)

My personal opinion is that in comparison to the newer kit's deep panel lines the old one offers the potential for a more realistic representation of the overlapping panels across the surface.

• Like 1