Site Admin

Make 'em jealous! What did you just get?

40 strawberry plants and a load of seed potatoes. The latter came from north of the wall according to the label.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, skwonk said:

40 strawberry plants and a load of seed potatoes. The latter came from north of the wall according to the label.

Good for you...you might be getting a lot more of them since Scottish seed potatoes were a big export item to the EU but not anymore!

• Sad 4

I decided a week or so ago I'd had enough of the unhappy relationship I was having with Gladys[do not ask].

The relationship between the engine and gearbox and myself was not the happiest occurrence on the planet so after three sterling years she had to go.Very economical, nice to drive but a French engine and electronics in a German car didn't make it a Mercedes in my opinion.

So off she went to the great trade place in called the BMW garage in Huddersfield,excellent trade in value so I was more than happy to pick up her replacement

SWMBO Has nicknamed this one Skye[who am I to argue I just pay for it]as some of you know I had a little job delivering  Bimmers and always thought the X2 was one of the nicest to drive.

Registered on 20th January 2020,943 miles on the clock and the price was to good to believe.

Ladies and gentlemen [other genders are available]let me introduce Gladys and Skye.7NENKlQ.jpg
3yPutfH.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ian Campbell said:

but a French engine and electronics

Good luck with that then. That shade of blue looks rather fetching.

Hmmmmm.

It has the right amount of engines, well hair dryers in this case, but seems to be short of a fin and overcrewed by 2 or 3! :stirthepot:

Whatever next Darren?

Rich

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

erm this 

You are hereby prohibited from finishing that model in that poseur colour scheme.

EA-6Bs have to look like this

ea_6b_prowler.jpg or this VMAQ-4-return_04.jpg?ssl=1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phoenix54 said:

Good lad! @skwonk, supporting the UK fishing industry one squid at a time.......

Trying to catch fish tomorrow night. Conditions look rather good.

• Like 3

Today we had some Cape Grapes at lunchtime. Why is this so astounding? Well the Cape brand, from the Western Cape here, isnt sold to the mere peasants of this country but they are having such a rough time that they are now selling local.

Yeah, thought youd be fascinated by that 😬

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

Today we had some Cape Grapes at lunchtime. Why is this so astounding? Well the Cape brand, from the Western Cape here, isnt sold to the mere peasants of this country but they are having such a rough time that they are now selling local.

Yeah, thought youd be fascinated by that 😬

Something like these. Plentiful supply in the shops. I would send you some but they may have turned to wine by the time they reach you.

20210303-170924.jpg

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, skwonk said:

20210303-170924.jpg

There you go.... 😬

Honestly Grown Produce.... oh no no no, that wouldnt do here, we have a big problem here with that 😬

• Haha 4

Trying to figure out how you could dishonestly grow produce. 
Sneak into someone else's field and plant some grapevines while they ain't looking?

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, Jessie_C said:

Who needs a hairy stick when you can use a sponge?

When I worked on Seaking structural repairs we had to resort to that for our skin panels. Health and safety banned our on site spraying and to put things through the dope shop took years so it was out with the sponge and get dabbing!

• Like 3

On 01/03/2021 at 03:08, Walrus said:

I remember reading TV21  It was kind of spooky but being full of the Gerry Andersons I loved it! 
We used to have all the classics:   Beano, Dandy, Sparky and my sister had Bunty.  Not forgetting the Victor and a couple of others.  
Wednesday was comic day iirc 

Just within my time. I’m with you on The Victor too. My favourite; still got two huge bundles of them and Commando books in storage.

Love them. Love TV Century 21. Met Gerry Anderson at the opening of the Comet store in London long ago. He signed the inside cover of my Captain Scarlet Annual. I was a grow nman. Apparently. 😉

Topper and Beezer. Col. Blink and The Numbskulls too. Way better than mobile phones 😁

• Like 5