James Hatch

Make 'em jealous! What did you just get?

9 hours ago, Paul Brown said:
43862559964_8c6e53372e_b.jpg
43671036935_e2907e18d0_b.jpg

You might have noticed a bit of a theme developing.   :yes:

Audi and Thunderbirds?? Oh, I get it, both driven by wooden heads. Do I win a prize?

Duncan B

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

Audi and Thunderbirds?? Oh, I get it, both driven by wooden heads. Do I win a prize?

Duncan B

Nah both audis and TB4 don't have indicators 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

Nah both audis and TB4 don't have indicators 

Ear,ear,don't you lump that "Four Sprung Duck" crowd in with us indicator-less Bimmer Boys you wicked barskit you!!!!!.

I could arrange for a gang of us Bimmer Boys to come a-parping our highly superior "gerrout the way" Germanic horns at you

outside Grunhertz Towers you know and grass you up to your Audi pilot neighbours as to why this was happening😛

• Haha 2

A little trip over to Pennine Models this weekend resulted in another addition to the stash.

Airfix 1/72 McDonnell Douglas Phantom FG.1 (yet another one).

3 hours ago, Miggers said:

Ear,ear,don't you lump that "Four Sprung Duck" crowd in with us indicator-less Bimmer Boys you wicked barskit you!!!!!.

I could arrange for a gang of us Bimmer Boys to come a-parping our highly superior "gerrout the way" Germanic horns at you

outside Grunhertz Towers you know and grass you up to your Audi pilot neighbours as to why this was happening😛

No one would let you out of a side road round here migs 

• Like 1

How does that song go, “oops I did it again”?

IMG_4523-600x410.jpg

bought from another Club member last night

IMG_4522-600x344.jpg IMG_4521-253x450.jpg

....and from a well known secondhand kit dealer. 

They are of course both Accurate Miniature moulds. Looking at the beautifully moulded and presented parts it is hard to understand how it went so wrong for them! My Yellow Wings stash continues to grow....

Duncan B

• Like 2

On 10/09/2018 at 20:30, Grunhertz said:

He's not kidding, out in the boondocks of Essex it is. Hillbilly territory doesn't come close, when you're out there you have a continuous tingling sensation between the shoulder blades. Just sayin'. Oh, I didn't mention all the talk about witches down Southminster way. A rum place is the Dengie Peninsula.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul Brown said:

He's not kidding, out in the boondocks of Essex it is. Hillbilly territory doesn't come close, when you're out there you have a continuous tingling sensation between the shoulder blades. Just sayin'. Oh, I didn't mention all the talk about witches down Southminster way. A rum place is the Dengie Peninsula.

I like the train ride out to Harwich, only spoiled by actually arriving in Harwich!

12 minutes ago, Paul Brown said:

Nope! 🤣

IMG_2342.JPG

Oh I get it now!! Don't let my son (or my brother for that matter) see them or else I'll be in trouble.

Duncan B

Harwich is infinitely preferable to Sarfend or Clackers, although the latter does have a nice art supplies shop that has a good range of plastic crack in stock. 

• Haha 1

On 10/09/2018 at 20:30, Grunhertz said:

8 hours ago, Paul Brown said:

No he's not,the tw*ts around here see it's a silver bullet 3 series Bimmer(indicators flashing or not)and think "F/U monkey,not letting some tw*t in a BMW out🖕", good job I have twaction control and aren't afraid to"spur the horses" at times,tight bahstuds

26 minutes ago, Paul Brown said:

The views are unparalleled!

Bradwell.jpg.162f319e7e9e0e71c7785eaeaed8452f.jpg

Looks like downtown Chernobyl there Mr Brahn,like the T'Birds BTW,a scale "Tracy Island"to suit in the offing soon?

Edited by Miggers

I've been in one of them there blockhouses, in the reactor room, right creepy it was too when there were still nasty rods of uranium directly under your feet. It's a strange feeling standing on top of a nuclear pile. De-commissioned now, it should be perfectly safe in, oh, I don't know, 10,000 years time? The blockhouses are sited just to the north of what used to be RAF Bradwell Bay. I used to fly out that way on occasion, but you're not allowed to overfly the blockhouses, there's a 2 nmi exclusion zone IIRC.

Tracey Island? Hmm... I'll be blaming you if I end up spending more money on Thunderbirds!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paul Brown said:

I've been in one of them there blockhouses, in the reactor room, right creepy it was too when there were still nasty rods of uranium directly under your feet. It's a strange feeling standing on top of a nuclear pile. De-commissioned now, it should be perfectly safe in, oh, I don't know, 10,000 years time? The blockhouses are sited just to the north of what used to be RAF Bradwell Bay. I used to fly out that way on occasion, but you're not allowed to overfly the blockhouses, there's a 2 nmi exclusion zone IIRC.

Tracey Island? Hmm... I'll be blaming you if I end up spending more money on Thunderbirds!

We're being consulted on Bradwell B at the moment and that will probably mean the end of the airfield. But then we will have a new clear view to look at 

• Like 1

To be fair, notwithstanding the Magnox blockhouses, the Blackwater Estuary is a very pretty place. One of the few things that's persuaded me to stay in Essex.

• Like 2

Back on topic...

It's been an expensive couple of weeks, the Tortoise was a very special offer (rude to refuse) and the Cruiser tank and Beaufighter were ordered months ago ahead of release.

30794294848_aea00f9d4e_b.jpg

29726797427_43f31c30c9_b.jpg

44746539661_90f127f2aa_b.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Paul Brown said:

Back on topic...

It's been an expensive couple of weeks, the Tortoise was a very special offer (rude to refuse) and the Cruiser tank and Beaufighter were ordered months ago ahead of release.

30794294848_aea00f9d4e_b.jpg

29726797427_43f31c30c9_b.jpg

44746539661_90f127f2aa_b.jpg

Like the Tortoise,looks like a souped Jagdpanther(now there's a tank alright),but the Cruiser could have been built for the Russians.

They'd love all that boiler plate and big rivets

Big Beau looks very fruity,I wish Stephen Grey would say "Stuff flying it myself,I'll find some foo,er,nice bloke to do it"and get the beast

finished and onto the show circuit.

After a morning helping set up the Aberdeen Modellers Society show on Saturday I got to do some shopping...

44717154102_a5bd2479eb_z.jpg

Can't recall who I got the Modeldecal sheet from but the new Colourcoats paint sets and thinners were from BlackMike Models and I think I'm correct in saying the sets are exclusive from there as Sovereign Hobbies don't show them on their own website.

44047829864_ce9487eb5d_z.jpg

Both the West German Luftwaffe Norm76 and Su-27 Pale Blue Scheme sets along with the decal sheet will be set aside for future projects but hopefully I'll get a chance to try the thinners sooner.

Edited by Col.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Col. said:

After a morning helping set up the Aberdeen Modellers Society show on Saturday I got to do some shopping...

44717154102_a5bd2479eb_z.jpg

Can't recall who I got the Modeldecal sheet from but the new Colourcoats paint sets and thinners were from BlackMike Models and I think I'm correct in saying the sets are exclusive from there as Sovereign Hobbies don't show them on their own website.

44047829864_ce9487eb5d_z.jpg

Both the West German Luftwaffe Norm76 and Su-27 Pale Blue Scheme sets along with the decal sheet will be set aside for future projects but hopefully I'll get a chance to try the thinners sooner.

I requested they put together the Flanker set for me and I don't think it has made it onto the Sovereign Hobbies website yet but the Norm76 set is available to order from Sovereign Hobbies website.

Duncan B

• Thanks 1