Mentalguru

I didn't finish my model today- because...

- the airbrush I am using died

- the Mr Neo masking fluid had dried so hard and crystalline I could not remove the bloody canopy- and when I did it took half the cockpit paint off...  >:(

Ah modelling, such a relaxing hobby :wallbash:

- I had to work late then arrived home to discover my brother in-law has, once again, proved himself to be an idiot and I'm not allowed to stick my boot up his arse.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Col. said:

Ah modelling, such a relaxing hobby :wallbash:

- I had to work late then arrived home to discover my brother in-law has, once again, proved himself to be an idiot and I'm not allowed to stick my boot up his arse.

Go for it wiht the boot- man or mouse?!

1 minute ago, Mentalguru said:

Go for it wiht the boot- man or mouse?!

Sure if I kick him hard enough he'll squeak :rant:

• Like 3

...those aftermarket decals everyone has been praising across any forum I've seen them mentioned on proved to be fragile, oversized, poorly researched junk :thumbdown: The whole project only needs a few whip aerials added from fishing line to be completed but I really can't be arsed now :veryangry:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Col. said:

...those aftermarket decals everyone has been praising across any forum I've seen them mentioned on proved to be fragile, oversized, poorly researched junk :thumbdown: The whole project only needs a few whip aerials added from fishing line to be completed but I really can't be arsed now :veryangry:

Similar here.  Trying to finish my little P-47 almost proved an unmitigated disaster, and if the Error-disaster sheet hadn't had FIVE options, then I would have run out of self destructing brittle decals.

I also had to switch to a a sheet (world's best ever apparently?) Barracuda decals for the white stencils, and found very poor placement instructions, oversize imaging, and NO PROP DECALS!!  GRRRRR.

So I bust open a very old Superscale sheet for those,  I imagine that as ever they will perform perfectly.

If I may- what is your project and the decal sheet details?

Edited by Mentalguru

3 hours ago, Mentalguru said:

Similar here.  Trying to finish my little P-47 almost proved an unmitigated disaster, and if the Error-disaster sheet hadn't had FIVE options, then I would have run out of self destructing brittle decals.

I also had to switch to a a sheet (world's best ever apparently?) Barracuda decals for the white stencils, and found very poor placement instructions, oversize imaging, and NO PROP DECALS!!  GRRRRR.

So I bust open a very old Superscale sheet for those,  I imagine that as ever they will perform perfectly.

If I may- what is your project and the decal sheet details?

Isn't it strange how reality sometimes doesn't match the reviews? Anyone would think some of those experts didn't build models...

Sounds as if you're having an epic saga there. Hope those Superscale decals finally get you sorted.

My minor horror story involves Mike Grant Decals on a 144th scale Hawker Hunter. Always wanted a 92nd squadron Blue Diamonds display team machine in the display cabinet but this one isn't ticking that box and will, eventualy, be going in the back of the cabinet :veryangry: 

• Like 1

....there was an earthquake...... some friends called from abroad......both my legs fell off! Or more probably because I can't be bothered, I've gone completely model blind and can't look at anything plastic without wondering why somebody hasn't bought it or how much it would cost to post!!!

Duncan B

• Like 1

Well.   P-47 is on the final run in, BUT...

Just realised the props supplied in the Tamiya kits are woeful for an early toothpick type. Sooo.... this means I have to buy another kit and get the sanding sticks out.  WHy do kits always battle you so hard.

...... Because I'm a modelmaker and I keep opening new boxes of plastic bits when I'm close to finishing a build and forgot to finish said build before starting on the new one! :wallbash:

• Like 2

ahh modelling in six foot stand off scale!!! Has always worked for me.

my reason glazing on ww2 German bombers mask then mask then mask and yes I'm too tight to buy pre cut masks 

• Like 2

I must confess that said model, the Zvezda 1/72 ANT-5, has no glazing and I chose to do the prototype scheme which has no decals.

Started 2 years ago as a quick OOB to get me back into the swing of things. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

I've done that before, most upsetting.

DB

After a minor temper tantrum I went back and sorted it out. Now have two tiny Hunters as finished as they're likely to ever be; both have errors but both are beyond my patience or abilities for now.

• Like 4

I wish I had that excuse for screwing things up, James, but I am always stone cold bloody sober 

Maybe I should get pissed.   
"Okay those three port wheelsh look about shpot on...hic...shpeaking of port, time for another liddle drinkshy poos"
(To the pilot figure) "I love you... you're my besht friend..."

Edited by Walrus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Walrus said:

I wish I had that excuse for screwing things up, James, but I am always stone cold bloody sober 

Maybe I should get pissed.   
"Okay those three port wheelsh look about shpot on...hic...shpeaking of port, time for another liddle drinkshy poos"
(To the pilot figure) "I love you... you're my besht friend..."

xD :cheers:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jessie_C said:

...the house we moved into has absolutely no room for my modelling, so everything's gone into a storage locker :(

.....My niece 'helped' me pack when we moved house and now I cannot find things, like 1/350 scale nuclear power aircraft carriers!!!! :wallbash:

42 minutes ago, Michelle Edwards said:

Because I went car hunting. 

Bit difficult to mount the trophies on the wall though! :2guns:

• Like 2