skwonk

Anglo Saxon

Anybody got a resin/injection/white metal of the above (54mm or larger) in their stash they are willing to part with for gold or silver taken from Waelisc and Mercian hearth warriors?

A few candidates subject wise;

The maiden warrior is a flat and the others are all busts apart from the full size Saxon with the shield and spear.

resized_b0714047-f2f0-49f3-a2cb-d3ced456

resized_7c48a9bd-0387-4797-8670-eae16aa8

resized_8adc8b32-1475-47ec-9931-224fdedb

resized_c2d3ab72-e312-446e-a939-bc4a482a

resized_6cfdbdfd-0c62-4cd8-b442-65c1f7e4

• Like 3

Want the Saxon! 
Who makes that sculpt please TM?  

I ought have a go at making my own flats 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Want the Saxon! 
Who makes that sculpt please TM?  

I ought have a go at making my own flats 

Sorry, I can’t remember. I thought it might be Mitches Miniatures but I can’t find it anywhere on their site. Maybe it’s OOP. There used to be pictures of it finished on google images but they seem to be non existent now also. It’s a 120mm figure.

Edited by Toolmaker
  • Thanks 1

Thanks TM 
The info you gave allowed me to quickly track it down.
It was a Mitches Military figure. It also is OOP 

Oh well At least it won't be adding to the pile of unstarted/started minis I have lying around! 
Including a large number of the Lord of the Rings 28mm Rohan minis lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Thanks TM 
The info you gave allowed me to quickly track it down.
It was a Mitches Military figure. It also is OOP 

Oh well At least it won't be adding to the pile of unstarted/started minis I have lying around! 
Including a large number of the Lord of the Rings 28mm Rohan minis lol 

If it’s LOR your interested in, I have a few hundred, including lots of riders of Rohan fully painted. Most of the oop metal figures are here too. My youngest used to play with them for endless hours but as he is 24 now he hasn’t touched them for about 12 years.

• Thanks 1

Give him a few years and he will be asking you what you did with them. “Daaaaaad!!!!!!!”

Edited by Dr Loopy
  • Like 1

On 16/09/2020 at 15:08, skwonk said:

Anybody got a resin/injection/white metal of the above (54mm or larger)

Skwonk, you could always try the Historex agents in Dover, they now have a 'parts department' for everything Historex (54mm Napoleonic), might be worth a call? Another that's worth a natter with, is Steve Kirtley in Darlo, trades as SK Models he has a good stock but if he carries any spares, I don't know. Then you've got El Greco miniatures, this ones cheek by jowl(ish) with you in Cornhole land Phone No. 01579 228458. Stormtroopers in Cheshire (might be worth mentioning a friend, Mark Bennett, sadly no longer able to paint, but used to paint their figures for the box art photo's) and last but not least the company who took over the moulds from Poste Militare, Bonapartes in Wiltshire. The answer may be Yes or No, but you got to ask first!

Paul @Walrus just FYI with Mitches Models, there are TWO traders. Dad started the company, Mitches Models (now in Penrith) then took 'retirement' passing the business to his sons. BUT, Dad is occasionally seen on the show circuit and has different stock, both also have the 'lucky dip' box of large scale heads, duff castings, normally about a £1 each, useful if you want something to practice on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, phoenix54 said:

FYI with Mitches Models, there are TWO traders

Ooh thanks for the heads up, Paul! 👍 
I don't get to shows tbh but when they start up again post apocalypse hopefully I'll remember to ask my friend to keep an eye out 
He sometimes picks up Mitches sculpts.  Then brings them round to show them off and make me feel jealous.  the rotter
I give him tea and biccies and that's how he treats me! pfft 

Edited by Walrus

23 hours ago, Toolmaker said:

If it’s LOR your interested in, I have a few hundred, including lots of riders of Rohan fully painted. Most of the oop metal figures are here too. My youngest used to play with them for endless hours but as he is 24 now he hasn’t touched them for about 12 years.

I think Doc might be right lol 
It's amazing how young people grow out of hobbies and then find their way back to the game. 
But thanks anyway TM.  Appreciate the thought.

• Like 1