618.jpg

718.jpg

a few decals to go on

813.jpg

and some pe seat belts

911.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Miggers said:

I can remember these things hissing,popping and spitting flames around the stages.

till they got caught cheating 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

Yep,that's right.

An adjustable turbo intake that made more than the regulation 300 gee-gees.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

like Peugeot with the side skirts and Mitsu with the dodgy fuel, or Audi swopping body panels from good car to dodgy car to keep michelle mouton going, or lancias having fire extinguishers swopped during a race (alledgedly were Nitrous bottles)

they have all tried pulling fast ones

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, beowulf said:

like Peugeot with the side skirts and Mitsu with the dodgy fuel, or Audi swopping body panels from good car to dodgy car to keep michelle mouton going, or lancias having fire extinguishers swopped during a race (alledgedly were Nitrous bottles)

they have all tried pulling fast ones

side skirts were declared illegal in Italy and legal in the UK? kinda sus when you cansider that if lancia won the san remo that year they'd win the constructors title 

• Sad 1

sorry for lack of updates, after all the crap 2020 has thrown this way, its my turn to be unwell..........ended up in A&E at 4am last week, jusy been too out of it all to do much except try an Eduard seat belt pe set .....first time ive used them, bit of a headache inducing activity lol

za_911.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, beowulf said:

its my turn to be unwell

Hope you're on the mend now. Was it the dreaded bat lurgy?

Just now, Gorby said:

Hope you're on the mend now. Was it the dreaded bat lurgy?

no.....probable left ventricular hyperthropic cardiomyopothy.................in other words, the walls of my heart are thickening,,,,causing a few problems

latest in a long line of things that ive had to deal with this year

• Sad 3

cheers guys,......just the latest thing in a long line that 2020 has tested me with...........in no chronological order ive had to deal with....

start of january, at work, we were all told there would be a lot of redundancies, 90 day consultation period so wouldnt find out til march, very stressful cos the rumour was the QA dept was going to get decimated........in the end we lost 4 but i was one of the 4 that made the grade

following week we went into lockdown and all that entailed...................cept i was working from home......piles and piles of boring calibration paperwork!

my wife has cancer.....she started her chemo in february, so with lockdown i was her sole carer, dealing with all the side effects chemo has (the one thing i thanked lockdown for since it meant i could look after her properly), including middle of the night dashes to hospital cos her kidneys started to fail due to the chemo flushing salts out of her body, dont think any of the kids realise what ive been through caring for her since ive done it all, cos the only contact they had was over the phone and she always made sure she sounded 'happy' for their benefit.....cancer is bad but dealing with chemo is a nightmare for a carer, my hat goes off to people like McMillan nurses

teenage grand daughter number 1 who has had mental health problems in the past which resulted in some suicide attempts ran away from home mid lockdown..........turned up at our house!......with the Polis 20 minutes behind cos we alerted them since she is classed as 'vulnerable'......didnt dare let her in to the place til they turned up....had to 'quarentine' her in the back garden

teenage grand daughter number 2 (cousin of number 1) also has some mental health issues which is now manifesting itself as an eating disorder, shes waiting to see a councillor

one of our cats needed an operation mid lockdown (4 grand! thank god for insurance) ......was on cage rest for 8 weeks so was caring for her at the same time as the memsahib

and then ive been getting some chest pains for last 2 months...........sent to see a cardiologist a month ago, doing various investigations (had echoscan yesterday, currently sat here with a heart monitor gizmo that ive had to keep on for 24 hours)............one day last week i was woken up at 2am with the worst chest pain imaginable.......ambulance at 4am to A&E.....morphine and internox cocktail.........13 hour stay at hospital being poked and prodded, scanned, xrayed, giving armfulls of blood etc etc.....to be turfed out at 5pm cos i felt better and they couldnt find anything wrong with any of the tests!!!!!.......they think its cardiomyopothy which is a thickening of the heart muscles but until they finish tests they cant rule out a few other things

gone back to work 2 days a week (cant fault work, been really proactive towards me), doing a job where i dont come into contact with many people to cut down risk to myself and the memsahib.....but the worry is still there.......2 weeks ago one of the guys in the other warehouse (who i do know to chat with) tested positive for bat lurgy

i hear lads at work saying how lockdown was a piece of cake with endless bbq in the garden or playing games online for days (yawn)............and then i think what i went through....and still am going through......and they wonder why i sound sarcastic at times

Edited by beowulf
  • Sad 2

Bloody hell Beo, 2020 has been even more crap for your clan.

It's a concern for us that four of the younger (20's – 30's) male in-laws have major issues with either depression, anxiety or a bit of both and this Turd year hasn't helped.

I hope things start to improve.

2020 aint over yet.......in the sweep ive got zombies for october, cathulu turns up in november and an asteroid hits in december putting us all out of our misery

• Haha 3