DC3

Numero uno

5 hours ago, DC3 said:

Never been the first in a topic before.

Now you can die happy. :ermm:

Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to. ;)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Gorby said:

Now you can die happy. :ermm:

Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to. ;)

I don't know what you mean.

I think we may have another first chaps, we have drift and we haven't even started the thread yet, bloodywell done.

Edited by DC3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Walrus said:

I like Topics, they're full of nuts 

A lot of the ones on here are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DC3 said:

we have drift and we haven't even started the thread yet,

Is it possible to drift from the subject if you don't know what the subject is?

Do we need to call an emergency, 24 hour philosopher to conciser the conundrum so that we can think about lunch instead?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gorby said:

Is it possible to drift from the subject if you don't know what the subject is?

Ooooh, that's a tricky one but I'm going to say yes, based on the talents of our colleagues and their penchant for anarchy. But on a serious note and, in an undoubtedly doomed attempt to bring us back on topic, I'm looking forward to see how this topic pans out, I think this technology is going to change the hobby massively.

Edited by DC3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gorby said:

Do we need to call an emergency, 24 hour philosopher to conciser the conundrum so that we can think about lunch instead?.

We can ask Schopenhour about when it is the best time to go buy groceries but I Kant think of anyone who would be appropriate to discuss lunch.

• Haha 2

I just got this ‘pleasant’ and informative email from Autodesk regarding the ‘free’ Fusion 360 version:

Click here to view this email in your web browser.
autodesk-wireframes-spacer.gif
Autodesk

Hi <redacted>
Important changes are coming to your Fusion 360 for personal usesoftware that you need to know about. 

Effective October 1, 2020, functionality in Fusion 360 for personal use will be limited, and you’ll no longer have access to the following: 

• Probing, 3 + 2-axis milling (tool orientation), multi-axis milling, rapid moves, automatic tool changes 
  • Multi-sheets, smart templates, output options for drawings (print only). 
  • Download options from public share links
  • Cloud rendering
  • Export options including DWG, IGES, SAT, STEP, and DXF (Note: DXF can still be saved via sketch)
  • Simulation and generative design 
  • Unlimited active and editable Fusion 360 documents (10 doc limit).
  • Fusion 360 extensions – Generative Design and Manufacturing Extensions
These changes are being made to allow us to scale, align intended usage with the various offerings, support advanced capabilities for Fusion 360 subscribers, and stay true to our guiding principles of democratizing design for everyone. 

Fusion 360 for personal use is still free for those of you working on home-based, non-commercial design, manufacturing, and fabrication projects. 

For more information about these changes, please refer here and the FAQ.

Thanks again for choosing Fusion 360. Let me know how I can help.

11805-shannoncircle.png

Shannon McGarry

Community Marketing Manager

shannon.m.mcgarry@autodesk.com
Autodesk
Autodesk, Inc. • 111 McInnis Parkway • San Rafael, CA 94903
© Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notices & Trademarks. Privacy Policy
If you do not want to receive commercial emails from Autodesk, please click here to unsubscribe.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, Fusion 360, EAGLE, and HSMWorks are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.

Democratisation? Since when was that a word? A weasel word, I strongly suspect. Since that wipes out almost all of the use for Fusion 360 where I’m concerned, I’m deleting it and my account, and looking for an alternative. I’ll let Autodesk know how they can help all right - they can take a running jump. Nice one, Autodesk.

Edited by Dr Loopy
Emphasis on weasel word

On 18/09/2020 at 02:20, Dr Loopy said:

Democratisation? Since when was that a word? A weasel word, I strongly suspect. Since that wipes out almost all of the use for Fusion 360 where I’m concerned, I’m deleting it and my account, and looking for an alternative. I’ll let Autodesk know how they can help all right - they can take a running jump. Nice one, Autodesk.

That's a nuisance (well at least for you, I barely know what a quarter of those functions were so probably won't miss them)

My favourite weasel word was synergies - usually meant we've bought another company and are about to rapidly get rid of as many people as possible (in the process losing a lot or the organisational memory and knowledge that made them worth buying in the first place)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1