Paul Brown

Tamiya 1/48 Crusader

Been slowly soldiering on with this. Everything primed and ready for the top coat.

DSC_0658.thumb.JPG.b80518fa7b54869781f05e729ad67d23.JPG

It'll be in the single colour light stone scheme, nice and easy peasy. Before I do that I need to dig out the 0.5 needle/nozzle for the Eclipse, painting the wheels was a 'mare with tip clogging. I have to say this kit is a joy to work with.

• Like 4

Paint has been applied. I'm really not impressed with Vallejo Model Air, which is slightly depressing seeing as I bought a Caunter colour set for some more Brit tanks that I'm lining up. Maybe there's some little wrinkle I don't know about that turns them into airbrushing heaven, but gimme lacquer acrylic any day of the week.

DSC_0668.thumb.JPG.12571dce3596fad011cc1f7e21c42c59.JPG

• Like 1

Model air is probably the best of the water based paints that I have tried spraying, but I still feel they are nowhere near spirit acrylics or lacquers, I usually spray at about 15 psi using light coats to build it up. But again take your time and wipe the airbrush tip frequently. Oh and I never put em through a brush I've had spirit paints in 

I was on about 15 psi - I don't usually check the gauge, just the lowest pressure the paint will spray freely - and tip clogging started almost straight away with a 0.5 needle/nozzle. I had much less trouble with the AK paints that I used on the Waffentrager. I'll be avoiding Vallejo in the future,

17 hours ago, Paul Brown said:

Paint has been applied. I'm really not impressed with Vallejo Model Air, which is slightly depressing seeing as I bought a Caunter colour set for some more Brit tanks

The Model Air paints seem much better when I'm not spraying large areas, probably because of the clogging Darren mentioned.
I have the AK Interactive Caunter set.  Didn't realise that Vallejo did one too. 

The Light Stone colour is incredibly thin.
Also the pigments settle and densely compacted in the bottom of the bottle.  Which I didn't realise at first.
I now use my modified coffee stirrer to get the pint mixed more thoroughly.