Grant

Chapeau pointu - 45mm Resin kit by N-S Prod

Chapeau pointu - 45mm Resin kit by N-S Prod

pic-ogg-1.jpg

pic-ogg-3.jpg

pic-ogg-6.jpg

With a fire pit, this kit clearly needed lighting, so the first step was to recast the fire pit and cauldron in clear resin.

pic-ogg-7.jpg

The base is made from an off-cut of Oak I had lying around and for the lighting I used white flickering LEDs from Bright Components.

pic-ogg-8.jpg

There were no decals in the kit, but there was an open book and various bottles had labels moulded on. The book pages are homemade decals, the right hand one is page 36 from Nanny Ogg’s cookbook (a witch in the Discworld books), the bottle labels are stencils from the Airfix F-86 – my usual modelling genre. Extra eyeballs, added to the originally empty pot the witch is holding, are a couple of pieces of lead shot. A bit of a blurry picture of me holding it, to give some scale, followed by a few close ups.

pic-ogg-14.jpg

pic-ogg-9.jpg

pic-ogg-10.jpg

pic-ogg-11.jpg

pic-ogg-12.jpg

pic-ogg-13.jpg

A fun little project

Cheers

Grant

• Like 9

I really like that!

It looks like Audrey II on the desk and is that a pet tarantula on the cauldron?

• Thanks 1

A purple and yellow frog on the cauldron. I think the purple was a bit dark to show much of the detail. And yes, Audrey was definitely the inspiration for the painting of the plant on the desk. "Feed me now!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely Greebo - must be a very young Greebo though, as his ears are still intact.

Excellent piece, Grant.

Edited by Dr Loopy

Thanks peeps. Yes a young Greebo indeed. Though many WADers think she is probably Goodie Whemper...

Who ever, it was a bit of fun. N-S Prod do a chap in his workshop which is ripe for turning into a model room. One day maybe.

Grant

• Like 1