mac1677

Revell 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk. IIb (04138)

Hi all,
Here is my latest build, a modified Hurricane in Russian service.

Revell 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk. IIb (04138), 2 seat Hurricane conversion with a 7.7mm MG in rear cockpit, used as an artillery spotter, Leningrad, 1942:
50181239418_ae9487acf3_o.jpg

50181777791_da08c2859b_o.jpg

50182035987_4057c0b4ba_o.jpg

50181239338_a021cd4a49_o.jpg

50182035942_d9fb4e6a83_o.jpg

50181239303_d405855e72_o.jpg

50181777676_ba23ff8d93_o.jpg

50182035862_2f0dd5bcb6_o.jpg

Now the question in, can anyone spot what is wrong with her? 😋
  • Like 6

Weirdly,I was reading about these conversions only a few weeks ago,they were typically Soviet,agricultural to say the least.

The poor soul in "the back seat"didn't have much in the way of creature comforts at all,just a canvas sling hooked onto

the fuselage stringers to sit on,no foot rest of any kind.

Some it seems had a hole cut in the under fuselage so that there was a view "down below",the only trouble was that if

the sling seat or the fuselage stringers broke the poor blighter went straight out the bottom of the Hurri.

Grand job on a rare machine mac,very nice indeed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Very nice! I've never seen these before, looks like a typical back yard garage conversion. Cant see anything wrong with it, a very fine piece of work.

Bob

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mac1677 said:
Now the question in, can anyone spot what is wrong with her? 😋

Apart from the inherent problems with the Revell kit I don't know enough about the conversion to say! 
I do know that I'm very jelly and it looks wonderful.

The windscreen looks like it's from a Spitfire and the bombs are the 250lb bombs supplied with the kit which may not be the same as actually used by the Soviets #PickingOfNits

Cheers troops, your interest and comments are most appreciated 😊 I did the modifications myself, hence its not 100% perfect. 

4 hours ago, Walrus said:

The windscreen looks like it's from a Spitfire and the bombs are the 250lb bombs supplied with the kit which may not be the same as actually used by the Soviets #PickingOfNits

Paul has won, well done but no prizes 😋 I had bought this kit second hand and it didn't have a canopy, such is the way with these things. I looked through my spares but the only thing I had suitable was a Spit front canopy 😁 As for the bombs, I just like them so fitted them 😎

• Like 2

That's very fine and it's nice to see something a little different. Now if only Boulton Paul had thought of doing this they might have had a winner on their hands lol.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Very nicely done.

This is a project that I've been wanting to do myself.  Been trying to gather information, but there is not a heck of a lot out there on these 2 seater spotter planes.  I picked up a Mini World Russian mg for the back of the cockpit and have been looking for some good drawings to replicate the interior of the Hurricane.  As Miggers mentioned, the rear spotter sat on a sling, that should be easy enough to scratch build.  I come across a few other builds online.  I think everyone has had a tough time finding out information on this one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clifft said:

have been looking for some good drawings to replicate the interior of the Hurricane. 

I'll see if I can find some drawings in my old files Cliff
I'm pretty sure the Bentley drawings show the framework but I no longer have a scanner 

In lieu of good drawings there should be some photos of a naked Hurricane fromm restoration projects Google Hawker Hurricane Restorations 
There may be some on the Facebook Hurricane Appreciation Soc Group page if you do FB 

Unless you want to be 100% accurate it should be pretty easy to get a good approximation. 

• Like 2