Sign in to follow this  
skwonk

90mm Knights Templar

This one has been languishing for a while. The detail is great but the fit of parts caused much wailing and gnashing of teeth; especially the arms. You'll notice the sword tip is resting on 'fallen masonry' where in reality it's offcuts of resin as the tip wouldn't reach the deck. I don't know if I've done something wrong or not. Anyway, here it is primed (still wet) ready for painting. This one will be a long drawn out affair methinks. I think I'll call him Sir Thomas of Cad.

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Grunhertz said:

OOhhhh what are you painting it with Acrylics or oils? 

A combination of oils, enamels and acrylics. Not sure which order for which section yet. The face will be oils for definite though and the chain mail and sword will be enamel metallics.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jessie_C said:

Not Sir Loin de Boeuf?

I don't think he's that well endowed judging by his apparel.

I painted the same figure a few years back. It was a metal Pegaso figure back then rather than resin. A sign of the times I guess. Enjoy.

A bit of work on the fizzog and the shield. Nothing to complicated as to the cross, may put some canted edges on the ends of it. I have actually put some base white on his tunic but it doesn't show in this aspect.

DSC01066.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

• Like 3

Had to remove a lot of the white oil paint from the tunic. For some reason it was dreadful so went with an initial layer of Humbrol 34 to be followed by more no doubt. Got a bit of shield cross done as well.

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

• Like 3