Sign in to follow this  
Seamus

Arma Hobby 1/72 Wildcat VI

Afternoon all,

Hot off the bench is build 15 for the year, the brand new and very, very nice 1/72 FM-2 Wildcat from Arma Hobby. Finished as a Fleet Air Arm Wildcat VI in the markings of 853 NAS using Hataka Orange Line paints and decals from a Techmod sheet I bought as part of the Expert set and three overtrees kit deal Arma were doing.

Not sure if I'm the first to post one here but a few thoughts on the kit- Overall, it's a delight. Goes together superbly with only a lick of filler needed at the wing roots. The undercarriage is a bit fiddly as is customary with the Wildcat, and in fact I'm not sure if I've installed it quite correctly, it's possibly 1-2mm too high. But if so that's a problem of my own making and not the kits. I can't comment on absolute accuracy but it certainly looks pretty good to my eye. 

Onto the pics...

50062145197_bdb41fb1d0_o.jpgArma Hobby 1/72 Grumman Wildcat VI by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50062145162_ba7cc8dcea_o.jpgArma Hobby 1/72 Grumman Wildcat VI by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50062145127_1da4e352cc_o.jpgArma Hobby 1/72 Grumman Wildcat VI by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50061896601_7be4637158_o.jpgArma Hobby 1/72 Grumman Wildcat VI by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50062145047_e46303173d_o.jpgArma Hobby 1/72 Grumman Wildcat VI by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed

Shaun

• Like 6

Jings, that's pretty. Looking at the detail it could easily be 1/48 scale (and I wish it was as I would snap a few up just for me). Does the kit come with options for the propeller boss as the FM2 most commonly had a rounded bullet style (but did also use the one featured too)?

Duncan B

Thanks guys.

2 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

Jings, that's pretty. Looking at the detail it could easily be 1/48 scale (and I wish it was as I would snap a few up just for me). Does the kit come with options for the propeller boss as the FM2 most commonly had a rounded bullet style (but did also use the one featured too)?

Duncan B

Yep, the kit comes with a choice of prop hub and also wheels. Pretty sure they haven't missed a trick here, it's an awesome package!

• Thanks 1

I've come back for another look, such a great looking kit. So good in fact that I have just ordered in a pile of the Expert version and the new(?) Wildcat Mk.VI boxing from Arma Hobby too for delivery later this month.

Duncan B

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

I've come back for another look, such a great looking kit. So good in fact that I have just ordered in a pile of the Expert version and the new(?) Wildcat Mk.VI boxing from Arma Hobby too for delivery later this month.

Duncan B

Now can you put them through your enlarger ray to make them so I can actually see the bloody thing 

• Like 1