Grunhertz

Desert Group Build

2 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

need a couple more anymore for any more?

I could open a sock puppet account 
What's that Mr Stinky-Toeholes?  You'd love to join in?   

• Haha 4

Need one more to Join as Mish has said she'll join in So as soon as I have one more we'll see but im guessing september 

12 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

as soon as I have one more

Are we not rebels?

Are we not mavericks?

Are we not likely to do something just a tiny bit odd? :fish:

Why can't we say that group-builds are for between 10 and 15 members?

• Like 2

cos......

Seriously If you look at the MB build thats going to struggle to get going due to numbers but i take your point and I'll say sod it lets run it with 14 

• Like 4

I was thinking of asking a similar question but Mark beat me to it.  IMHO 14 is close enough to get a good showing 
We've had some new members join recently maybe we could pressgang  point out that there is GB recruiting going on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been turning this over in what it pleases me to call my mind for a while yet, having still not finished the P-40 and deing loathe to start anything else before that one’s finished (it’s thoroughly stalled at the moment). Plus a Kiowa was promised next. Ha ha.

Which is a long-winded way of saying, as with my feeble response to the motorcycle group build, “I’m not sure”. What I do have in mind, though, is Italeri’s little 1/35 diorama-in-a-kit, das VW Käfir und Afrika-Korpsen Heeren (mit „stick“). Oder Pz.Kpfw IV E (Dragon 🤮* 1/35). Neither would be likely to get finished within the life of the group buils (see above).

* I have my reasons

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Loopy said:

I have been turning this over in what it pleases me to call my mind for a while yet, having still not finished the P-40 and deing loathe to start anything else before that one’s finished (it’s thoroughly stalled at the moment). Plus a Kiowa was promised next. Ha ha.

Which is a long-winded way of saying, as with my feeble response to the motorcycle group build, “I’m not sure”. What I do have in mind, though, is Italeri’s little 1/35 diorama-in-a-kit, das VW Käfir und Afrika-Korpsen Heeren (mit „stick“). Oder Pz.Kpfw IV E (Dragon 🤮* 1/35). Neither would be likely to get finished within the life of the group buils (see above).

* I have my reasons

If you start and dont finish in time I can move the kit to another area to finish it there is no pressure 

• Thanks 1

Afternoon Everyone :) 

Boooooored off me head this afternoon, I thought I'd have a look in the stash for stuff that would qualify for this GB... 

So first up, The Airfix 88mm gun and Tractor. The only Airfix AFV set I have never built.

IMG_20200805_154737.thumb.jpg.bdd2cb251f9cec27679823a2b1d13e6f.jpg

Tamiya Quad and 25 pounder, definately interested :) 

IMG_20200805_154928.thumb.jpg.8e515b75457a5d53a2a0d4363ecadf50.jpg

Tamiya SAS jeep... but someone else wanted to do this so bottom of the pile...

IMG_20200805_154939.thumb.jpg.e41336b868f0be50f91079f222961171.jpg

And then there's this... Hasegawa Kubelwagen in 24th scale with a Metal Figure of some hairyplane dude :), ( This is certainly growing on me.....) 

IMG_20200805_154749.thumb.jpg.163210a584c3c0d2fc20cec1428c3787.jpg

I have to choose one of these, because I keep going back to look on my mates online shop at the Miniart Grant Mk1 with full interior and its expensive and I'm stupid and will probably buy it anyway... :) 

Back to being bored 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

IMG_20200805_154928.thumb.jpg.8e515b75457a5d53a2a0d4363ecadf50.jpg

Gets my vote. :thumbsup:

(not that you'll take annnny notice of what I want, and then you'll go and buy the Grant (with the full interior) and do that instead). :no:

(Not that I mind because I'd quite like to see the Grant (with the full interior) as well). :yes:

• Haha 1

i have been saved, he had one and he sold it this morning :)

I might just go with the Quad Gorbs, its peaking my interest annnnnnd its one you chose so i might just do it :)

• Like 1

HJM's Kubel gets my vote Mad,it's got wide tyres on it,I like wide tyres.

And if you don't want the Famo and 88........... I can soon PM you my address :biggrin:

Edited by Miggers
  • Haha 1