Madhatter Mk2

World Of Warships Tier 7 Richelieu in Type 3 camo

Hi guys

As some of you know, I am a massive WOW fan, and I had built a 1/570 Scharnhorst for my friend who is also an avid player. I had a blast making it, so decided that I'd build a ship for myself. I bought the Flyhawk Konigsberg as well as this, the Trumpeter 1/700 Richelieu. In the game (XB-1 / PS-4) this is the top tier French Battleship (alongside the Jean Bart) and I love it. It's fast and maneuverable for a battleship and it just has that French beauty to it with its raked funnel and those awesome secondary batteries on the rear end.

I used the Flyhawk PE set and the Artwox Wooden deck set. I think PE is wasted on me really. I'm not that good with it, which some of you may find surprising given the small nature of my other stuff, but PE is a very different animal to styrene.
At any rate, it looks like the ship from the game, so that's all that really matters to me there :)

49858781676_64f461fb7f_c.jpg

49858780926_a0c0bec853_c.jpg

49858245603_1b46959130_c.jpg

49859090792_e937fb4c62_c.jpg

49858241393_a9252ed450_c.jpg

49858794406_120b1da627_c.jpg

49858791846_563b90823f_c.jpg

49858256638_bc9c817a49_c.jpg

The stand was just an exercise on rusting effects. I cut notes out of the top bits to try and make them look like hard rubber.

49858248008_c9daaf2554_c.jpg

49858251048_ffcb530d3d_c.jpg

49858252783_3668f3477e_c.jpg

49859103157_2698bc0eff_c.jpg

Suppose I'd better go back to the SD but I am going to finish off the Konigsberg first. Besides, I don't have enough bench space with me working from home now. My work stuff takes up the rest of the space
Anyways, thanks for stopping in and having a look
Si

Edited by Madhatter Mk2
Spelling
  • Like 7

That's nice. I'm a warships player too, working up the Italian cruiser line at the moment, up to the tier 9 Brindisi.

thanks guys

Brad, I wish they'd release the Italian ships on Legends as well, but alas, no dice. They released the Yamato  for a month as a teaser which I was lucky enough to get to play and it was insane.

I'm more a cruiser player than a Battleship as I love my torps. The Germans have the best AP rounds and with the combination of OK rounds and torps on the Scharnhorst, it's my dream boat. I just wish it had higher caliber guns.

The Flyhawk PE is relatively straight forward, but the instructions in places is a little ..... vague, to say the least. It looks good and would look better in the hands of someone with more PE skills than me

You should buy the Musashi at tier 9 if you can, it's way overpowered. I picked it up for free with in game coal. 

On 05/05/2020 at 15:28, Gorby said:

Wow! I would never have believed it was 1/700.

Copy that! oh I just did! xD 

Great job Madhatter 

• Haha 1

Nice one Si. That’s a serious painting effort on show there, with so much effort required. Very impressive at any scale but at 1/700 I think it is fab. I’d like to see one photo with some item on show to easily explain the scale. A paint pot or something similar. Stand out stuff bud 👍🏼

thanks guys. Yes, the painting certainly did test my patience but it was fun all the same. I'll take a shot with something recognisable when I do the shots for the Konigsberg as it too is 1/700. At some point soon, I'm going to buy the Fly Hawk 1/700 Scharnhorst deluxe kit for myself as well to complete my favorites collection.

Brad, the version of WOWS I play is Legends which is on XB-1. Sadly, it only goes to Tier 7 and doesn't have things like Aircraft Carriers or the new subs. A lot of the lines form the PC are not on XB1 either. The Russian line has only just been introduced and even then, the BBS are early access only. There are some ships on XB1 which aren't on the PC version, and AFAIK, the Richelieu is one of them. I would prefer to have the Jean Bart but I missed that campaign when they first came out. I also missed out on the Atlanta originally but got a hold of the recently released "Black" version. Don't know why though as when you see one, you and everyone else's first thought is it kill it straight away. Atlanta's and Destroyers seem to be instantly public enemy #1

It's no real loss playing without carriers, the term for them in the PC version is "sky cancer". To counter them, a new tactic has popped up called 899, where you division two tier 9 Musashi's up with a tier 8 CV, use the aircraft to spot and the BB's to snipe the carrier in the opening minutes of the game. Eurobeats on youtube has a good video on it.  Fast firing HE cruisers are annoying that's why people target them for deletion. Mind you as a BB main I'm not much better running my Thunderer and Conqueror with 40% fire chance lol.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2020 at 15:28, Gorby said:

Wow! I would never have believed it was 1/700.

Me neither; ruddy marvellous!

• Like 1