I'm currently working on a test shot of HK's B-17F. This one will be for a feature in Model Aircraft Magazine.

12039755_1731678970450267_23705982928716

This will be an epic undertaking to say the least. Eduard has been kind enough to provide me with their full suite of aftermarket. Some of these sets are G model specific, so I'll be adapting here and there and making some accuracy concessions. Many thanks to the folk at Eduard for the support.

20160423_161428_zpsived6yca.jpg

I'll be building Memphis Belle with some custom masks from Mal at Miracle Masks. I'll also be using a few products from Uschi van der Rosten.

ON08_Resto_Flash_631x300.jpg__800x600_q8

At this time I've got the nose section mostly done, and I'm well on my way to finishing the cockpit. However, I'm way behind on photo editing, so I'll be uploading some peeks shortly.

I'd like to thank HK Models and James Hatch for arranging this build, and Eduard, Uschi, and Miracle Masks for their support. Stay tuned!

• Like 5

Finally some updates for the forum.

Cockpit is mostly complete. I'm awaiting some resin O2 bottles from Resin2Detail to soup things up a bit, so I'll need to add one to the cockpit, and I'll rip the scratched one out of the nose section.

Nose%20Complete%20-1_zpsmxonqehv.jpg

Complete%20Cockpit-6_zpsz7aovpkd.jpg

Complete%20Cockpit-4_zps7t5hzmmu.jpg

I'm taking this one is order of sorts, so I'm moving to the bomb bay now. (Note these sections need a couple small additions to wrap up.

• Like 3

Following.  This is of great interest, although I'll never be able to build or keep one of these - not enough room.  Incidentally, drove past Bassingbourne (where the Belle was based) only the other day.

Edited by MikeC

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 23:49, Jim DiCesare said:

Finally some updates for the forum.

Cockpit is mostly complete. I'm awaiting some resin O2 bottles from Resin2Detail to soup things up a bit, so I'll need to add one to the cockpit, and I'll rip the scratched one out of the nose section.

Nose%20Complete%20-1_zpsmxonqehv.jpg

Complete%20Cockpit-6_zpsz7aovpkd.jpg

Complete%20Cockpit-4_zps7t5hzmmu.jpg

I'm taking this one is order of sorts, so I'm moving to the bomb bay now. (Note these sections need a couple small additions to wrap up.

WOW. Just WOW!!!