EUROCOPTER EC145 DEMONSTRATOR 1/72

Ooooooh well..... lookie here :) 

I had said originally that I would join in on this GB, that was before my wife pushed me over I fell over and buggered my knee :)

Bit of a story with this entry, but first...

This isn't my first helicopter. I built this one in 2011

LYNX.thumb.JPG.85f8ea65bf2ae20f5383ace35deecd7a.JPG

Anyhoo....

I bought this EC 145 because I wanted to build a model of one of the Flying Ambulances used here in Joburg, I got some quite natty decals from MAV decals. Popped out to the model shop a few months ago and bought this...

20200403_103619.thumb.jpg.ea1658297773603ee563ca53a1a5e949.jpg

It was only when I got home that I realised that I had purchased the wrong one. The Vodacom Netcare Ambulances are actually EC 135 Eurocopters.

Sooooo, no biggy really, it looks quite neat but it wasn't until I had a good look at it that I realised, holy muppetfart Batman, what the hell have I gone and done... It has a cool faded paint job and about 4000 decals :) No pressure then (note to self, just buy a green one next time)

I have actually made a start here, I have painted the cockpit floor and put the decal on the center console, so I hopefully I can squeeze this fact past the Stasi and they'll let me join :) (oh and I painted the seats as well, sorry) 

20200403_103721.thumb.jpg.c7357dd03ece8648ce1963fa8c3df27b.jpg

I really don't know if I can pull this one off.... the faded paint job is just a smooch scary and the lack of knowledge concerning anything rotary will probably result in some quite exciting explanations of what I'm doing..(like, I've painted the big fan thing :)

But hey, that's the point of modelling isn't it, try stuff new :) 

• Like 2

:) 

Well far be it from me to start an argument with a helicopterist, but isn't that piccie an EC 135 Richard ? :) 

But yes, I am seriously considering doing a military one. I had a good look at the instructions last night... How can you do black and white instructions on something that has such a complex paint finish? Duh. Even looking at 't internet didn't really produce the right pics I was looking for, because they all look like different colours in the different pics...

Sooooo, I'm going to look for alternatives :)  

4 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

but isn't that piccie an EC 135

No..H145M as they are now calling it but I see that yours has the same tail as the old BK117. I must do more study on the ever changing designations Airbus helicopter family  See what I mean?

• H120/EC120 Colibri.
  • H125/AS350 Écureuil. H125M/AS555 Fennec.
  • H130/EC 130.
  • H135/EC135. H135M/EC635.
  • H145/EC145. H145M/EC645/UH-72.
  • AS365 Dauphin. AS565 Panther/HH-65/Z-9.
  • H155/EC155.
  • H160.
  • It would appear that there are two tail rotor configurations for the H145.

How about a UH-72 Lakota then?

22989891333_a9b4781345_b.jpg

IMGP7822-7823-Eurocopter-Kawasaki-UH-72A

Kazakhstan would be different!

32289546645_2e6f64f643_b.jpg

Edited by RWG686
  • Like 1

Afternoon everyone :) 

Thanks Richard :) Kazakstan would be different and cool.

I'm rather peeved now tho, I spent a good couple hours going through the decals to see if i could come up with something, and I'm sorry to say I've failed miserably......

I have a good fair whack of car, bike, truck and armour decal sheets, but very very few aircraft sheets, especially modern ones so i'm thinking I might just bite the bullet and do the funny coloured one :) 

14 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

I might just bite the bullet and do the funny coloured one

Your model, your rules. You can do it any colour you want, and call it a what-if.

Go on, be a rebel. :rambo:

Edited by Gorby
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, RWG686 said:

No..H145M as they are now calling it but I see that yours has the same tail as the old BK117. I must do more study on the ever changing designations Airbus helicopter family  See what I mean?

• It would appear that there are two tail rotor configurations for the H145.

There are indeed. First the old BK-117 style tail rotor, then about 3 or so years ago they updated the design with the H-135 style Fenestron.

As for paint, what about a WIP model still in the factory before painting, looking something like this?

Airbus-Helicopters.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Well now - sorry for the late talk - not good at all with erh digital stuff - problem is I have no idea how to attach images from URL - I wil gladly e-mail t anybody interested in a flash - that I can do no problem with Erh digital stuff

18 minutes ago, Guest K-Models said:

Well now - sorry for the late talk - not good at all with erh digital stuff - problem is I have no idea how to attach images from URL - I wil gladly e-mail t anybody interested in a flash - that I can do no problem with Erh digital stuff

you need to be in a photo hosting site like Imgur, which is free, put some photos that you want to share, once you have done that select the photo you wish to post

ptrr5Po.jpg

select copy on the direct link

come on the all scale modeller page and select paste

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.