videoaviation

1/48 F-15C Hasegawa Aggressor

F-15C 65th Aggressor Sq. 57th Wing, Red Flag 2006, built oob with only minor modifications, imho the Hasegawa is definitely superior of Academy one, i own them both and will notice the difference.
Paint with Gunze, decals Superscale 48-1095, gpu are my production.

f15c_001.jpg

f15c_002.jpg

f15c_003.jpg

f15c_004.jpg

f15c_005.jpg

• Like 3

Nice build - almost exceptionally clean to the point of looking like it just rolled off the assembly floor. I just like a little something in those panel lines since we are working with miniatures so some things need a little emphasis using a wash slightly (SLIGHTLY) darker than the fuselage colors. AK Interactive makes some great washes that can be very subtle. Again, great work.

John

21 minutes ago, jgrease said:

Nice build - almost exceptionally clean to the point of looking like it just rolled off the assembly floor. I just like a little something in those panel lines since we are working with miniatures so some things need a little emphasis using a wash slightly (SLIGHTLY) darker than the fuselage colors. AK Interactive makes some great washes that can be very subtle. Again, great work.

John

Thanks, i really wanted this clean effect based on pictures and after I saw some of these birds years ago in US. IMHO personally don't like very much to use specific weathering products, my method uses only the 01-02 airbrush with a long and patient work of postshading, not in this model of course.

• Like 1

Love it, love the clean finished not ruined by a obtrusive and inaccurate panel wash, after all it is built to represent an actual aircraft and not the current fad of making builds look like a toy.

I like this a lot, now tell me about the ground units.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Rory said:

Love it, love the clean finished not ruined by a obtrusive and inaccurate panel wash, after all it is built to represent an actual aircraft and not the current fad of making builds look like a toy.

I like this a lot, now tell me about the ground units.

Thanks, i saw several aircraft live like this during my previous video producer activities, my impression has always been clean with no sign of aircraft panels and i wanted to represent him in this way, by the way i don't like washing panels lines, just some post shading when necessary.

GPU are part of my commercial production, not particularly related of this F-15.

I like it. Never been a fan of dark panel line washes, makes the model look more like a jigsaw puzzle than a replica of the real machine, perhaps a little dirt and shading on the tyres and undercarriage legs would add depth and life in those areas but otherwise it looks grand to me.

• Like 3

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 19:09, Col. said:

I like it. Never been a fan of dark panel line washes, makes the model look more like a jigsaw puzzle than a replica of the real machine, perhaps a little dirt and shading on the tyres and undercarriage legs would add depth and life in those areas but otherwise it looks grand to me.

I agree Col. My time around real aircraft has shown that whilst they do have a lot of visual depth this is tonal variance across the aircraft. Panel lines are there if you really look for them but in general it's only panels regularly tortured with removal and refitting that become distressed and ill-fitting that catch the eye. Panel line washes are not something I am a fan of either. I do use them around engine cowlings and sometimes to mark out moving control surfaces better, but an even panel line wash across the whole model would result in a model I didn't want on my own shelf. Sometimes less is more, and when it comes to panel line washes that is very much the case IMHO.

I like the colour scheme, nice to see the Eagle wearing something different. It is a clean looking model and if that is what you were after then you have succeeded. My preference is for a model that looks a little bit scruffier and well used (I maybe spent too much time around elderly F-4s in my youth?). My first reaction on seeing the third photo (the first in which you see the wheels) was that the undercarriage and wheels in particular were too clean though and could do with some sort of wash to bring out the detail, that is one area where high performance jets will get dirty due to brake dust and dirt thrown up from the tyres even if the rest is kept highly polished (I spent 6 months working in the tyre and brake Bay at RAF Leuchars, filthy job, and used to come home each night looking like Al Jolson!).

As for a panel line wash or an overall wash, I am in favour of one. They should not be too obtrusive, as Sean says, they are supposed to just add a little depth to the model's appearance but I accept that the Groundcrew didn't go around the real thing with a big pot of AK Interactive brushing it into all the panel lines (but try getting a real F-15 to sit nicely in your display cabinet). I think too many people think a (panel line) wash has to be black (or are too lazy to use a more appropriate colour?) regardless of the actual colour of the subject and that is where the overdone look comes from in my opinion. Scale model painting is very subjective, should we be throwing the 100% accurately matched (to the real thing) paint on something that is clearly not 1:1 scale, should the paint have a scaling factor built in during manufacture and if so to what scale? Everyone will have their own answers to those questions but I digress (again).

Duncan B