DeKa

Harrier T.2/4/8 drawings

Hi all,

As I want to Harrier in desert camo while Sword's T's are sold out locally, I decided to convert Airfix Harrier GR.1. (exactly as described in Harrier in Action). I got some good sideview on D&S, what I lack is good top and bottom view along with tailview, unfortunately, not everything is obvious from photos, though it's good aid.

Does anybody have excerpt from good plans of dual stick Harrier to share? Especially I have the problem with tail.

Thanks in advance! 

If you do Facebook, go to Spencer's modelling page: https://www.facebook.com/SpencerPollardModels/

Spencer also has a modelling blog: https://thekitbox.wordpress.com/  There is no messaging facility but you can reply to any of the threads, there are several that are related to the Harrier including the 1/24 T2 conversion.

Yes, I saw his impressive build. Honestly said, I started already, but his wooden stick in the tail was exactly the reason to reiterate the shape - till now I thought the bottom tip was round, but from certain angle it looks like the it goes from square beam, that holds tail and stabilisers, to the almost flat tip...

BTW, it's obvious I need new longer canopy. Before I'll look for piece of balsa, may it be possible to recycle canopy of another plane? From first check the it looks promising using original gr.1 canopy as the backseat, so it would greatly reduce my effort. Moreover, it would allow me using windshield from the kit...

What's your location, DeKa?
Saw a Sword T2/4 being sold on Facebook 

Might have some plans but don't have a scanner :( 

Thanks much!

- just smartphone photo of excerpt would be great aid 😉

- I considered sword, finding it @ eShop in CZ - but I had already cut that poor airfix gr.1, another one is waiting in queue, and just today I pick gr.3 from shop. Though airfix - by detail level - leaves a lot of desired, I like it, and, I guess, that lineup of harriers (gr.1, t.2/4, gr.3) from the same stable might look good.

The only bad point is the terrible amount of work. So far I found apart from G-VTOL other interesting schemes: Royal Navy in black, RAF wraparound winter Norway scheme, and former USN gull grey/white scheme on Spain matadors looks delicious.

On 06/03/2020 at 02:06, DeKa said:

Thanks much!

- just smartphone photo of excerpt would be great aid 😉

- I considered sword, finding it @ eShop in CZ - but I had already cut that poor airfix gr.1, another one is waiting in queue, and just today I pick gr.3 from shop. Though airfix - by detail level - leaves a lot of desired, I like it, and, I guess, that lineup of harriers (gr.1, t.2/4, gr.3) from the same stable might look good.

The only bad point is the terrible amount of work. So far I found apart from G-VTOL other interesting schemes: Royal Navy in black, RAF wraparound winter Norway scheme, and former USN gull grey/white scheme on Spain matadors looks delicious.

There is also the old bobcat kit if you can find one.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/heller-humbrol-3002-harrier--122336

Selwyn