Okay top 10 modelling tools ? Mine would include magnifier, scalpel, side cutters, files, thin brushes, cotton buds, kitchen towel, thinners, cocktail sticks, cutting mat X 

• Like 2

Airbrush/compressor, Swan Mortan scalpels, I have multiple ones, colour coded for different uses, my beaten brass rod dibber, my half round file, I have loads of files but this one is my go to file, my paint pipet, my thick glass sheet, Plastic Weld, pin vice with a pin in it, magnifying light and finally my shelf unit. I designed and built the unit myself and it holds all my tools out of the way but in armed length.

• Like 3

Top 10 tools - in no particular order of importance:

• 2mm Trumpeter plastic chisel (square) - Probably the most useful tool I have when I need to remove a tricky ejector pin mark or remove plastic from a hard to get at area.
  • CMK razor saw. Again, this tool is indispensable for certain jobs - couldn't be without it.
  • Tamiya panel line scriber.
  • Swann Morton scalpel with #11 blades. (Beware of crap fakes blades from China - useless for cutting masking tape).
  • Small oil painting palette knife - great for applying putty.
  • Flory sanding sticks - I use the full set, excellent choice of grits.
  • Pipettes - airbrush painting would be a PITA without these.
  • Bambi 24V compressor - goes for days before kicking in, practically silent. Got mine for under £100 off eBay.
  • H&S Evo airbrush with 0.2mm needle. A fantastic all round airbrush, robust and very easy to clean.   
  • Opti-visor - well, the eyes aren't as good as they used to be.
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Richard Moore said:

Top 10 tools - in no particular order of importance:

• 2mm Trumpeter plastic chisel (square) - Probably the most useful tool I have when I need to remove a tricky ejector pin mark or remove plastic from a hard to get at area.
  • CMK razor saw. Again, this tool is indispensable for certain jobs - couldn't be without it.
  • Tamiya panel line scriber.
  • Swann Morton scalpel with #11 blades. (Beware of crap fakes blades from China - useless for cutting masking tape).
  • Small oil painting palette knife - great for applying putty.
  • Flory sanding sticks - I use the full set, excellent choice of grits.
  • Pipettes - airbrush painting would be a PITA without these.
  • Bambi 24V compressor - goes for days before kicking in, practically silent. Got mine for under £100 off eBay.
  • H&S Evo airbrush with 0.2mm needle. A fantastic all round airbrush, robust and very easy to clean.   
  • Opti-visor - well, the eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

HS Evo good airbrush. butter like nozzles though 

• Like 1

Mine...

Swann Morton no.3 with 10 and 11 blades.

Mitutoyo old dial type verniers.

Oil stone.

Xuron model 450 tweezer nosed pliers.

Tweezers.

Optivisor type thing.

Trumpy chisels.

Steel rule.

Cheap Tonbux tablet.

Tamiya extra thin.

I would have to add an eleventh, I have a number of flat ground steel strips that have many uses, one is as sanding sticks with self adhesive sandpaper and second is as an easily cleaned holder for drops of superglue for when I'm using photoetch.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jockster said:

Mine...

Swann Morton no.3 with 10 and 11 blades.

Mitutoyo old dial type verniers.

Oil stone.

Xuron model 450 tweezer nosed pliers.

Tweezers.

Optivisor type thing.

Trumpy chisels.

Steel rule.

Cheap Tonbux tablet.

Tamiya extra thin.

I would have to add an eleventh, I have a number of flat ground steel strips that have many uses, one is as sanding sticks with self adhesive sandpaper and second is as an easily cleaned holder for drops of superglue for when I'm using photoetch.

Yep everywhere we go , we come home with yet another nail file/ buffer and more tweezers, ahhh lol xX

• Like 1

Ok here goes 

Swann Morton flat scalpel so it doesn't roll off tables 

various clamps 

H&S Evo 0.2 mm

plastic weld

revell contacta cement 

optivisor thingy I picked up on flea bay for a tenner 

side cutters 

foam backed nail polishers I pick up out of primark with six grades of abrasive on it two for one pound 

Flat and round needle files

micro drill and bits 

10 hours ago, Swb said:

Yep everywhere we go , we come home with yet another nail file/ buffer and more tweezers, ahhh lol xX

And paintbrushes! I must have hundreds!

9 minutes ago, Jockster said:

And paintbrushes! I must have hundreds!

the works do a nice pack of 4 detail brushes for 2.00 I have hundreds too 

• Like 1

Well my top 2 are eyes and fingers followed closely by patience if that fails then it's fists, hammer, boot, lighter, blow torch, flame thrower and if all else fails grenade launcher. Of course usually I dispense with the first 8, I find it saves time.

• Like 2