skwonk

1/72 Sea Venom

My fleabay winnings arrived today. The Tasman leaflets have enough reference gubbins in them to keep me going. They are a pair of Frovoko kits so a fair bit of sanding/filling/scribing/swearing will be the norm. And the decal sheet alone covers loads of types. May have to source/kitbash a Buccaneer S1 sometime, there's low viz markings for an all white machine. And decals for the below.

DSC01025.jpg

DSC01024.jpg

Edited by skwonk
  • Like 3

Another fine choice, Does it come with the IP, seats in metal and a vac canopy? I'm in the final throws of mine but it keeps getting bumped by bigger and better lol. Go careful with the Airwaves etch. I tried to use it on an earlier incarnation of the frog kit and it was basically shi not very good really. The extra metal stuff (if you have them) does add a very nice level of detail but you really do have to be patient with the fitting. Looking forward to seeing your progress 😁

Bob

23 hours ago, Blue Noser said:

Another fine choice, Does it come with the IP, seats in metal and a vac canopy? I'm in the final throws of mine but it keeps getting bumped by bigger and better lol. Go careful with the Airwaves etch. I tried to use it on an earlier incarnation of the frog kit and it was basically shi not very good really. The extra metal stuff (if you have them) does add a very nice level of detail but you really do have to be patient with the fitting. Looking forward to seeing your progress 😁

Bob

I've heard ropey things about the Airwaves sets but I'll give them a go. Looks like I'll probably need a pair of vac-form canopies though, the kit ones look bullet proof and by all accounts aren't a great fit.

2 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

You can't fool me, that first photo isn't a Sea Venom at all! 

Duncan B

Bu**er! I've been hoodwinked!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, skwonk said:

Looks like I'll probably need a pair of vac-form canopies though, the kit ones look bullet proof and by all accounts aren't a great fit.

Did it not come with the kit? My Premier Tasman version came with them.

2 minutes ago, Blue Noser said:

Did it not come with the kit? My Premier Tasman version came with them.

Nah, they were were a pair of Frovoko kits and the Tasman leaflets were an add in. But the decal sheet alone is great. Anything which flew post war from the real Ark.

• Like 1