RWG686

Sea Devon C20.

1 hour ago, skwonk said:

Look at this

G-AORG,the box art subject became XR441 when she was sold to the Royal Navy.

42595424790_a515988172_b.jpg

Your turn..............................................................

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RWG686 said:

I think I might have a go at a diorama

1368d8f0-d699-44e6-8fc6-33f7d17a3ec5.jpg

This looks a lot like the aftermath of one of those "mega crane fails" videos on Youtube. Quite an expensive mistake...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jessie_C said:

Quite an expensive mistake...

26 Jun 1972 XR444 crashed in Irish Sea when all 4 engines stopped. 3 crew and 8 pax all ok.

Pilot had forgotten to switch fuel supply to the wing tanks so engines stopped due to fuel starvation.

Aircraft was written off.

The design of the kit permits the glazing to be put in from the outside so I intended to leave it until the model was complete.

It's Amodel though so I removed a clear (well what passes for clear) piece and found as I suspected that a straight drop in was not going to happen. 10 clear pieces all filed to fit were duly inserted. I drew templates on tape for later cutting and masking before gluing them in.

Cockpit and nosewheel bay inserted.

I have no idea if my interior will upset the balance thus making a tail sitter so I erred on the side of caution and added a fair bit of lead shot.

Cabin interior is just placed in for the photo.

Also in the photo is the canopy. I cannot make out if the interior of the canopy on the real machine as per the top photo is painted ot is it a sun blind.

I decided it was a sun blind so made one out of masking tape.

On the real machine,the doodah on the canopy roof is hollow and has some gubbins in it.

The model part is solid so I drilled a hole and coloured it in with a black marker pen. From the outside it looks like something in there.

fe33265f-df57-47f3-a678-358bc0d813d7.jpg

• Like 4

OK Filler applied..now what do I do?

Ah yes..carry on with one of her predecessors

9d870e99-b3c2-4193-8c45-6625381f4c1d.jpg

dd6fc0e9-ddcb-4c95-9ff4-56d566bfeeb9.jpg

Dominie will probably end up as NF847 /931LM.

Edited by RWG686
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, RWG686 said:

All buttoned up. Top join lines not too bad. Bottom ones need a bit of work.

0d26cd1d-5ab0-492b-af36-bfd0215a158f.jpg

74f243c0-836e-4373-b0a3-2cd53b1668ae.jpg

"What's a joint like this doing in a nice girl like you?"

Edited by Che Guava
  • Haha 2

On 12/02/2020 at 23:40, Arctica 123 said:

I was fortunate enough to get a Rareplanes vac form overseas, in a charity shop (so good when kits appear in charity shops 😊), for the equivalent of around £2.50.

It looks good and does have an interior. However, even though I love vac forms, when Amodel released this I bought it.

Maybe a bit ott given lack of display space, but I wanted to build one of them with the green trim style (admiral’s barge?) scheme, and one NZ.

The Vac form has an interior, but Richard has put a nice interior together so quickly here; that it looks hard to figure out which is best; Rareplanes or Amodel. 🤔 

Watching with a lot of interest. 👍

A 🥶 

I could be brutally forced into relieving you of that Rareplanes vac one if you'd like it "disposed" of most humanely me old Frostie Scoffer..........................................

On 14/02/2020 at 09:26, RWG686 said:

26 Jun 1972 XR444 crashed in Irish Sea when all 4 engines stopped. 3 crew and 8 pax all ok.

Pilot had forgotten to switch fuel supply to the wing tanks so engines stopped due to fuel starvation.

Aircraft was written off.

Pilot firmly kicked in the nuts for such a fundamental schoolboy error................................

• Like 1