mac1677

Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf-108 (8078)

Hi all,

This is being built for a GB elsewhere, but I thought I would post it here too 😀

Box art:

49507047436_ee88e0dbf3_z.jpg

Cockpit:

49507131388_f3f40af16a_z.jpg

Cockpit in place, the I.P added and a smidge more weathering done in the footwells:

49511556402_b1517eb936_z.jpg

Started to sticking bits together:

49511328681_c7d47b9d47_z.jpg

Well that's all for now, still haven't decided on a scheme yet😁

Thanks for looking in.

Edited by mac1677
  • Like 6

Did one a few years ago and the thing I found was you have to get the rear of the canopy lined up with the fuselage. It's a good fit but that will nail it for a smooth profile.

• Thanks 1

Cheers chaps, much appreciated 👍

Hi all,

Well disaster has struck, I dropped the 108 this morning...straight onto its undercarriage 😣

49515241086_b417be8e9b_z.jpg

I have bought a weekend kit from Ebay this morning to use the undercarriage from but it wont arrive until Friday.

More soon...hopefully 😎

Edited by mac1677
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, skwonk said:

Bu**er! If it's a clean break it may be repairable with CA and zap kicker

Cant find the bits that broke off 😥

I built this one a couple of years ago and did the blue 'snake' scheme as something a bit different. You know the 'missing' undercarriage parts will turn up, as soon as you glue the new ones in place, don't you 😁.

• Like 2

Good news!!!!!!! 

No need to sacrifice the other kit, I decided the man cave needed a bit of a tidy up and in doing so found the tail wheel and one of the broken legs, whilst I was hunting for the other our Tom cat, Hamish, came in to keep me company as he always does. After a few minutes he started to play with something he had dragged out from under the shelves, yup you guessed it the other oleo 😁

• Like 6

Hi all,

The 108 has progressed, and I have chosen a scheme from the Weekend kit, the blue Taifun from the 1937 Manx Air Race. Anyhoo, here she is with her undercarriage back together and she has been primed. Need to reinstated some panel lines and more work on the wing leading edges.

49533731161_aa7bc674de_z.jpg

49533731156_7df9620c2a_z.jpg

More tomorrow, thanks for looking in 😁

• Like 2

The blue looks spot on and it will be very striking when finished. I hope the cat got a treat for finding the missing leg for you? It makes a change for a cat to come to the rescue of a model. Many years ago my cats jumped into the boxes that contained my 1/72 US Navy collection built over many years and trashed them all (then the Mrs threw all the kits out) while I was offshore.

Duncan B 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

I hope the cat got a treat for finding the missing leg for you? It makes a change for a cat to come to the rescue of a model. Many years ago my cats jumped into the boxes that contained my 1/72 US Navy collection built over many years and trashed them all (then the Mrs threw all the kits out) while I was offshore.

He did get a treat Duncan, and I have been in a similar situation to yours. I was packing my kits to go to a show and Hamish and Morag were chasing each other and went straight over the dining table sending kits scattering off the edges and onto the floor, there was a few choice words said after that.

Hi all,

The canopy has been painted aluminium and the very fragile decals have been applied, I was very impressed with the density of the white decals

49538507688_bddb92d912_z.jpg

49539001851_27c5b728f1_z.jpg

Thanks for looking in 😁

• Like 5