Richard Moore

Lt. Col. John Frost - 2nd Para. Battalion Arnhem 1944 - 1/9 Resin Bust

Here's a figure I painted a short while ago.

I'd be happy to hear your comments and critique on this one guys. I'm always looking to improve so any comments will be welcome. Honest ;)

1-11.jpg

2-10.jpg

7-8.jpg

12-6.jpg

• Like 7

looks pretty good to me, Rich A nice flat finish, shading suitably subtle, gets across that weary look very well  Wish I could do figures so well

I have  a serious problem with this. I am an aircraft modeller and would give my left n*** to produce such a stunning piece of work in figures

Very effective painting, was this a combination of acrylics and oils?. Red colours can be difficult to highlight without looking too pink, but you seem to have avoided this. The eyes do look the part. A good result, well done.

11 hours ago, Mulder1966 said:

Very effective painting, was this a combination of acrylics and oils?. Red colours can be difficult to highlight without looking too pink, but you seem to have avoided this. The eyes do look the part. A good result, well done.

Thanks Mulder1966.

The red for the hat was shaded largely by using white/black pre-shading. Highlights on red can be achieved by lightening the red with Vallejo Flat flesh instead of white - it avoids it turning pink.

The bust was primed using Tamiya acrylic (black/white) and finished entirely using Vallejo Model Color Acrylics.

There's a full step by step build (paint) log here - http://www.makingmodels.co.uk/builds-in-progress/19-v-bust-lt-col-john-frost-cmdr-2nd-parachute-battalion-arnhem-1944/

• Like 1