I mentioned to MadSteve in his Sherman Firefly thread that I'd show him my Tiger if he was a good lad,so here she is.

1/16th scale fully funtional R/C.

She makes all the right noises from her on-board sound card,you have to drive her like a real one other wise,like the real one,she'll throw a track,

She has 3:1 ratio gearboxes fitted,main gun recoil,LED muzzle flash,LED co-ax and bow M/G's and runs on the standard R/C car 7.4v rechargeable Ni-Cads.  

50p coin for size and scale of the brute.

Believe it or not,she is a 2007 model,so I've owned her for 13 years from new.

20200108-131823.jpg

20200108-131850.jpg

20200108-131913.jpg

20200108-131934.jpg

The blue plate she sits on slides into the storage/travel case she lives in.

We have wood floors but I'm not allowed to drive her in the house,the Management moan about the mess she makes,i.e dried mud all over the place

off her tracks because she usually prowls around our garden.

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Miggers said:

We have wood floors but I'm not allowed to drive her in the house,the Management moan about the mess she makes,i.e dried mud all over the place

off her tracks because she usually prowls around our garden.

But if you were allowed to play tanks inside the tracks wouldn't get mucky!
Why can't women think more like boys men  , . .

:sofa:

pssst...have Jessie and Mish gone?   Is it safe to come out yet?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Walrus said:

But if you were allowed to play tanks inside the tracks wouldn't get mucky!

:sofa:

pssst...have Jessie and Mish gone?   Is it safe to come out yet?  

Yeah I know,but it's more fun driving around the garden.

Why,what have you done to Jess and Mish?xDxD(good job Debs isn't about,she'd biff you with her skillet:P)

Edited by Miggers

6 hours ago, Walrus said:

They could if they wanted to, but you need to approach this from the female point of view.  As men are invariably wrong about everything why would the ladies wish to think like us when they are invariably right about everything.

Before the females amongst us put out a contract on me I should like to say now that I acknowledged ages ago that the female of the species was infinitely superior in all ways to the male, please don't kill me.

• Haha 2

Of course females are superior, to quote from The Witches of Eastwick 'you can make babies and feed them'. That is pretty cool. Mind you, male lions have it sussed, they let the females do all the hunting. I gave some advice to my daughter-in-law some time prior to the marriage....regard your husband as the oldest child in the family, you'll get along fine.

That is an extremely cool Tigger Tank, although I have fond memories of 1/6 scale monsters crawling all over the floor at the now defunct Yeovilton shows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/01/2020 at 23:30, dixieflyer said:

Simply awesome! Is the hull, turret, etc. styrene? Metal? What?

2007 model year H.L "smoke and sound"version(though the "smoke"maker has been removed,Maybach HL 210 V 12's don't smoke like a diesel engine).

Essentially it's a Chinese copy of the Tamiya Tiger 1 but at a quarter of the price.

All plastic hull and turret.

Extra steel stiffeners fitted inside the hull(to control twisting and flex of the hull)

Larger heatsink fitted to the ESC

3:1 ratio gearboxes fitted(gearing it down for better off road performance/battery life)

Tamiya Tiger 1 tracks(stronger track segments and better linking pins than the stock HL tracks

Main gun has a "muzzle flash" LED fitted  and breech modified to a fast recoil/slow return recoil unit.

Internal antenna fitted to RC receiver.

Full repaint as tank 213 of  s.Pz.Abt 503 (Heavy Tank Battalion 503).

Radio transmitter modified with an internal switch to "fire" the muzzle flash with the main gun firing sound and activate the recoil unit.

Transmitter also modified to put forward/reverse travel/turret traverse on the left stick ,steering/maingun fire and elevation on the right stick.

This makes speed control/direction of travel and steering much easier and more accurate,originally this was all on the right stick with

all turret/maingun controls on the left stick.

Forward/reverse on the left with steering on the right is "standard" RC vehicle practice.

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 1