BlackMike Models

Duncan’s mad rush to the finish

I’m well behind schedule now. Currently waiting on the masking to dry again having repaired the metallic areas. I actually foiled them which saved one round of masking.

IMG_6354_heic-338x450.jpg

Everything else is ready to throw on so I might get finished depending on how early I get up tomorrow.

Duncan B

• Like 5

Hello sneaky Duncan, I've rumbled your cunning plan, I know what you're up to but you won't break me, I'm strong, just because you have one of these in stock , strong I'm telling you, yes strong, nothing to worry about here, strong,steadfast, unshakeable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning y’all. Here’s where I’m at with 3 hours to go.

IMG_6358_heic-338x450.jpg

Decals are all on and pilot-san has his wheels and stuff on. I’m leaving the fins off until the end.

IMG_6359-600x450.jpg IMG_6360-600x450.jpg

I have just removed the canopy to remove the masking and to give it a polish. Of course I managed to break off the rear tab but never mind. I think it’ll glue back together ok and a swip of a paintbrush should cover up the scar.

Next update should be the last.

Duncan B

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DC3 said:

Hello sneaky Duncan, I've rumbled your cunning plan, I know what you're up to but you won't break me, I'm strong, just because you have one of these in stock , strong I'm telling you, yes strong, nothing to worry about here, strong,steadfast, unshakeable.

11 hours ago, DC3 said:

Probably

You are the first one to rumble my cunning ploy :) . 

Duncan B

Tah dah! Finished with an hour and a half to spare.

IMG_6361_heic-338x450.jpg IMG_6366_heic-600x450.jpg

The Bare Metal Foil turned out nice despite it being my first attempt and being rushed. 
All in al a really fun build and I now fancy having a go at the F-35 that GWH also do in this ‘scale’.

Thanks to Darren for being daft enough to moderate a Group Build over the Festive Holidays. This year I actually enjoyed the mad experience!

Duncan B

• Like 6

Excellent result Duncan - the foiling looks great.

It's unbelievable how fast the time goes. You start thinking 'No problem', which quickly becomes 'What the f***************'. :huh:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

Excellent result Duncan - the foiling looks great.

It's unbelievable how fast the time goes. You start thinking 'No problem', which quickly becomes 'What the f***************'. :huh:

My previous entries to the W in W GBs were really stressful but this one was quite relaxed even with the problems.

The time does whiz by though so I like to make a plan for the build before I start. Clearly that fell apart almost immediately in this case.

Duncan B

Edited by BlackMike Models
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

This year I actually enjoyed the mad experience!

Can we look forward to similar projects?

Something like this in different markings?

01.jpg

^_^

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

Pitot tube!!?

Deal breaker that isn't it ?

Never mind..an aftermarket source will probably release a new resin nose for about £10 because we are all incapable of doing some basic old fashioned modelling aren't we.

I'll bet you've already got the kit though. :)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RWG686 said:

Deal breaker that isn't it ?

Never mind..an aftermarket source will probably release a new resin nose for about £10 because we are all incapable of doing some basic old fashioned modelling aren't we.

I'll bet you've already got the kit though. :)

I don’t actually have a lot of Phantom kits of any description in the stash. I think it’s because I saw way too much of them in a former life. I only have one completed Phantom in the cabinet.

Duncan B

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

You've served up a nice looking model Duncan, despite it being a scramble to finish when time seems to fry past giving you a boiled head, that poached from your stock kit looks good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 04/01/2020 at 16:51, BlackMike Models said:

I don’t actually have a lot of Phantom kits of any description in the stash. I think it’s because I saw way too much of them in a former life. I only have one completed Phantom in the cabinet.

Duncan B

Don't be sad @RWG686, Duncan may have been 'Crab Air' but at least got to play with the Dark Blue version of the Phantom :devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, phoenix54 said:

Don't be sad @RWG686, Duncan may have been 'Crab Air' but at least got to play with the Dark Blue version of the Phantom :devil:

It wasn’t so much play, more like fight with them. Knackered ex FAA crap, it was only the EDSG holding them together!

Duncan B