Grunhertz

It's that time of year again

1 minute ago, DC3 said:

but because this is 21st century Britain I'm going to say no just in case it slightly upsets someone.

How very compassionate of you.

Who are you and why are you using DC3 computer!? :ermm:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DC3 said:

He has gone, he was weak, readjustment was necessary, norms will be resumed, compassion eliminated.

Hes gone!!!!!!!!. dammit he owed me £4.32 😕

Guess im never gonna see that now 🙄

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Gorby said:

I've been giving my build some thought and need to ask a question of the rule-master (that's you Darren). I haven't done an out of the box build for quite some time because I find the process a bit dull. In order to make this build more interesting for myself, is it allowable for me to make some parts before the kick-off as long as I don't actually assemble anything? In effect it would be the same as having kit parts already made.

I hope that makes sense – it's my brain's day off.

P.S. I realise that doing some extra twiddly bits will probably mean that I won't complete the build on time, but I'd rather enjoy it.

standard rules apply for this one Mark no more than 25% started, but please show the time when you start and when you finish, If you do in time that is 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

standard rules apply for this one Mark no more than 25% started,

Does that mean I can start sanding off the golf ball rivets off my Airfix Chipmunk....

oh wait... that will be at least 50% of the build time, and therefore not permissible xD

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Does that mean I can start sanding off the golf ball rivets off my Airfix Chipmunk....

oh wait... that will be at least 50% of the build time, and therefore not permissible xD

hehe 

7cgpE2P.jpgit arrived from evilbay in time. Hopefully a quick and easy build, i am thinking about extending the divebrakes, so you can imagine most of the 48hrs will be the stand 

The only thing missing are decals, so they've been ordered. Then I can start

• Like 5

JF7zpDwvcU0Eqwsbk5c5ppaIXCSz2rJz4zcAfPIZ

I had to go to Coleraine on Thursday, not been there for a while, in fact the last time I was there it was closed. I remembered there was a model shop there, Bill's Models, so popped in and got some Tamiya Extra Thin, a tin of EDSG Humbrol and the above Starter Set. Being red all over this will be ideal for this GB. I saw a young lady build this, her first model kit, on Youtube and it only took just over 8 minutes so I should be able to get it done in 48 hours. Just to add to the "fun" (?) I going to use the paints that come with it. The Museum has the T3 version, and I hope to build a version of each of the aircraft in the Museum, I'm not sure of the difference between the T3 and T4, except the last number is different, maybe one of the Smart Alecs/Alecess on here might know. I aim to start this just after Christmas so I'm in the planning stage at the moment, the whole operation is more complexed than Operation Overlord.

Cheers Andy

• Haha 2

I need a ruling from the man with the plan (that's you again Darren). In line with the 25% rule I've done a little bit of work on the extra bits that I need for my build. I've only made the canopy and a rough shape for the floor. I don't even know if the floor is the right size as the fuselage halves are still on the sprue (where they will stay until I start). I've also found a suitable instrument panel and a seat. The only other thing I've done is to put something in each of the fuselage side to locate the floor.

IMG_0946.JPG

Is that acceptable or do I need to scweem and scweem till I'm sick?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hell this is turning into the History Channel... There were piloted flying bombs? 

You can imagine that conversation hey.

Hey Hans, i haff this idea i think youre gonna like, just sign here, no, no need to read it, trust me, im a Herr Doktor 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gorby said:

I've also found a suitable instrument panel and a seat.

Sounds to me that you have just accumulated some after market prior to starting.👍🏼

• Haha 1

Well, I enjoyed the build, i didnt finish this time but boy it was great seeing this

I think we need to do one of these in the smmuer in future as the xmas holidays were pants this year and i couldnt get a window together. 

• Like 3

Agreed.

It was the first time I have done such a thing and I actually enjoyed it.

The pressure to complete the model gave me the metaphorical kick up th behind I needed.

• Like 2