Muttley

Double Tornado F.3 ADV

Sadly a bad brain has dug in recently, so while i climb out of that malaise, work is difficult. But I'm trying (some would say, nothing new) 

Not much to add, bit I got the duel tanks for T1 done today. 

9WEnXXP.jpg

Tonka 2 is now on its legs, just needs to gloss. 

What has arrived are some resin wheels, the kit ones are total dren. Eaxh day is a step forward 

• Like 5

Time for an update. I've not been slack, and now the fan is installed, a happy workplace.

Starting on the gear lighting, this little bugger disappeared. I was resigned to having to raid another kit, when i found it - stuck to the finger, All hail the superglue! 
TJL8ck1.jpg   JsCK8F0.jpg

There she is, starting to look like she should.

LXuQKyk.jpg

Canopy de-masked, and this was the New Ware masks, so sadly I needed to do a fair bit of paint removing, then polishing with Tamiya compounds.

TJX6xV4.jpg

Clear parts got a coat of Tamiya Clear, HUD in place, lighting to be added, I just have a fear I'll knock them off.
C2o0CCE.jpg

And that's caught up on No1. 

Onto today's effort, which is brought to you by the numbers 5 and 6, and the words ugger and ollocks!
56Sqn markings going on. One side OK - The other, not so. 

pLGbTqP.jpgVVEhIX3.jpg

And of course, because this is an interim scheme, I've already bastardised the sheets I have so no spares. Off to Hannants.

Gives me time to bring No2 up to date.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

Just miffed about the tail marking

You've done a great job so far and I suppose you could have done without that.

Is she still going to be in 56 markings with the new decal order?

• Thanks 1

Hell Jase,that's a bummer,I know I've nowt in my meagre decal spares that'd help(or be big enough).

I remember seeing an ex-56 Sqn F.3 fin set up in a hangar at Cosford a few years ago still with it's lovely

"tail art" on it being used for BDRT.......such a shame.:(

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RWG686 said:

You've done a great job so far and I suppose you could have done without that.

Is she still going to be in 56 markings with the new decal order?

Thanks Richard, yes Still a 56 Sqn as that was the sqn my friend was on, its a specific tail number he wants done, Twice!

Thanks Miggers, I have a new set on the way. I'll just put them on the invoice 😂 and besides, the replacement set has a few other sqns on for my 3rd one.
Yeah, sadly a lot went to 238 (?) as teaching airframes, but in a way, they were kept alive for longer. Which Tailart was it? the full red flames??

Darren, I'd love to have the patience for that right now - or Anytime, but time is short, and , and. But what I will do is mask off the top and undercoat with red. Have to admit, that I want the, finished before the end of next month.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Miggers said:

"tail art" on it being used for BDRT.......such a shame.:(

Like the RCAF's 3 colourbird CF-104s which ended up in the same situation in Lahr during the late '80s :(

• Sad 2

Good news! (Ish) replacement markings have arrived. And, there are enough parts to make the tail number ZH552 on it. But only enough for 1, so I can complete Airframe 1 this weekend. Woo!

What is the best letter set for 1/48 tail codes?

FTW53T1.jpg

• Like 1

What do you need?

Serials and codes?

If so measure them and let me know and I'll check what I have and get back to you.

Numptie here just remembered he has the kit.

PM to save tying up the thread.

Edited by RWG686