Sign in to follow this  
MikeC

East Midlands Show 2020

On 12/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, Ian Campbell said:

Not much has changed in the slag off most things over there then.

It also got a bit 'tasty' on the EMMS Facebook page with one Club blaming another and so on.

The bottom line is that there are far too many Shows on the Calendar. (Take a look at the amount of Shows just in September and you'll see what I mean, there would have been 3 Shows on the same day if the EMMS had gone ahead.) I think that we will see a reduction in the number of Shows over the next few years as pockets contract further so maybe it's time that Clubs need to look at combining their efforts and put on regional shows instead of each Club trying to run their own?

Duncan B

Edited by BlackMike Models
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackMike Models said:

The bottom line is that there are far too many Shows on the Calendar. (Take a look at the amount of Shows just in September and you'll see what I mean, there would have been 3 Shows on the same day if the EMMS had gone ahead.) I think that we will see a reduction in the number of Shows over the next few years as pockets contract further so maybe it's time that Clubs need to look at combining their efforts and put on regional shows instead of each Club trying to run their own?

QFT! Branches pooling resources and reducing the number of shows on the calendar would make a lot of sense.

• Like 2