goon

Model Factory Hiro 1/12 Mazda 787B Full Detail Kit

Hi All,
I've started my build of this stunning kit. To save me writing up on a couple of sites, and because some of my family want to follow the build in detail I've started a little webpage / blog to record it. I'll post some little bits here now and then, but if you're interested please visit mfhmazda787.wordpress.com  Progress will be in fits and starts so please consider signing up for updates. (I'm pretty sure Wordpress don't make your email available to authors, but rest assured they won't be used by me for anything at all if they do.)

Some shots of the dashboard so far.

yMvsLdj.jpg

Lglg6Cn.jpg

pcg15Dm.jpg

oWrTDdG.jpg

Cheers,

• Like 4

Hi Kids! 

The dash is finished, with some fasteners added to the box the rotary controllers are mounted on and some decals from the spares box on the controllers themselves. More detail at mfhmazda787.wordpress.com

74A3mR2.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jessie_C said:

Wait! The Flux

Thought  that said, "What the flux" 
Was about to say that's not like you Jessie! 

It's pretty much what I say every time I see an update on this thread.
Great work, Goon!

2 hours ago, Walrus said:

Thought  that said, "What the flux" 
Was about to say that's not like you Jessie!

Don't forget that I know how to literally swear like a Sailor. In two languages :P

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jessie_C said:

Don't forget that I know how to literally swear like a Sailor. In two languages :P

Show off! xD

Not exactly showing off; it's more along the lines of a vital job skill. Remember, everything in the Navy is sound-powered.

Thank you for the comments everyone.

Just in case you're not following my blog for updates, and if you're not I'll want to know why, there's a new page including a time-lapse video, at mfhmazda787.wordpress.com 

Edited by goon

Thanks Paul. i've seen your detailing in the Flower Class Corvette thread so I'll take that compliment :) 

I don't know what your usual subject / scale is, but I love an occasional vehicle at larger scales. Great for a change of pace - go for it!

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 22:57, goon said:

I don't know what your usual subject / scale is,

I’m still undecided. After 7 years modelling I’m still like a kid in a sweet shop.

I know the feeling. I'm still surprised at how excited I can get about a kit!

Here's some progress on the fuel fillers pipes and their valves.

9jupfoy.jpg

Edited by goon
  • Like 1

This is way outside my scale and area of interest but I have to say that you are doing a smashing job and it certainly looks the business.

I've just had a look at their website and now understand why you won't be buying any models for a year!.

Edited by RWG686

Thanks! (I've got my sights set on the upcoming Sauber C9. Ten months to go!)

Edited by goon
Spelling

From what I've seen I'd build any MFH kit, from a pure modelling pleasure point of view, but I'd certainly gravitate to the '90s Group C subjects from a personal interest point of view.

Hi Gang,

I've updated the blog, with some new pictures of the front portion of bady work coming together. (There's also a slightly different address - mfhmazda787.com - as I couldn't stand the adverts that were being foisted on people so coughed up for a subscription. The old link should still work though.)

qiNfF3v.jpg 

• Like 2