Walrus

Airfix Blackburn Buccaneer S2C Kit No. A06021

2 hours ago, Walrus said:

The tanks are comprised of 3 parts

Ah !

I thought they were two part and had given the later tops as an option.

• Like 1

On 01/10/2019 at 06:32, Invictaag said:

XV361, an S2B,

She started life in 'proper colours' at RNAS Lossiemouth :biggrin:  and was to be found occasionally at RNAY Sydenham.   What better reason to make sure she is returned to S2 standard in 800 or 736 marks ?

I'll even settle for S2C for 809. I believe the work was done in Belfast.

Seriously,regardless of colours,I'm glad she is being taken very good care of .

XV361 had 3 spells at RNAY/RAF Sydenham (now George Best City Airport), on the first occasion it was most likely converted to an S.Mk.2B. Maintenance on the Buccaneers was carried out at Sydenham which was also used by Shorts to test their aircraft. I have now joined the Ulster Aviation Society and I hope to go to their Hangers at Long Kesh/The Maze on Saturday so I'll try to find out some more information about XV361. I do know that "she" served with 800 and 809 NAS on HMS Eagle and HMS Ark Royal, and then RAF 12, 15 and 208 Squadrons. 

My Buccaneer kit flew in today, I was a bit dubious about paying £24 for a 1/72 scale kit but having had a quick look in the box the amount of parts, and the quality make this worth the price. What I plan to do is build this one in FAA colours and then get the RAF version when (if) it's released.

On 10/10/2019 at 21:14, Invictaag said:

on the first occasion it was most likely converted to an S.Mk.2B. Maintenance on the Buccaneers was carried out at Sydenham which was also used by Shorts to test their aircraft. I have now joined the Ulster Aviation Society and I hope to go to their Hangers at Long Kesh/The Maze on Saturday so I'll try to find out some more information about XV361. I do know that "she" served with 800 and 809 NAS on HMS Eagle and HMS Ark Royal, and then RAF 12, 15 and 208 Squadrons. 

My Buccaneer kit flew in today, I was a bit dubious about paying £24 for a 1/72 scale kit but having had a quick look in the box the amount of parts, and the quality make this worth the price. What I plan to do is build this one in FAA colours and then get the RAF version when (if) it's released.

I'll send you a scan fro the Air Britain tome later.

She was converted to an S2C on her second visit. Her third probably brought her up to the latest (and last) RN standard.

She must have been converted to an S2B after she went to the RAF

19 minutes ago, RWG686 said:

I'll send you a scan fro the Air Britain tome later.

She was converted to an S2C on her second visit. Her third probably brought her up to the latest (and last) RN standard.

She must have been converted to an S2B after she went to the RAF

Thanks Richard, I'll PM you my email address. I have just put a couple of photos in the Walkaround section

• Thanks 1