RAF Daguerre

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 9:32 PM, beowulf said:

had a bit of fun on the inside which is never going to get seen again once the roof is on lol

made some bits and bobs, added some maps and posters and stuff.........added a couple of figures in the crew room, and Wing Co Rupert Fortesque-Smythe with his Lumpy in the other

z4dscf11.jpg

z1_311.jpg

Proper man's doll's house. No suppressed anxiety about masculinity there. :grouphug:

Is it too late to add a few open windows and doors?

I've had a hankering to build a WW2 control tower since visiting Elvington too.

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Che Guava said:

Is it too late to add a few open windows and doors?

far too late lol

was done quick for set dressing, was never meant to be serious

if i was to do it again, id take more time, and there is an upgrade kit out there which replaces doors and windows and other bits and bobs

• Sad 1
  • 2 years later...

so the jeep is done...along with the others....added 'glass' to the AEC and the K2.......and can see i need to do some touch ups to wheels....the cargo in the AEC is removable so once i sort out some suitable hardware it will become a bomb truck

need to do some more suitable aircraft now

a-5.jpg

a-16.jpg

a-18.jpg

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Hutch6390 said:

I like the base, too 👍

its from a company called Coastal Kits...they are on t'internet...........do all sorts of bases for different things

i got one A3 sized especially for this project as it takes the control tower....thought i had posted a pic somewhere but seems not

126.jpg

• Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...

since ive done a few extra vehicles recently i thought i had better do another aircraft so found this in the stash

not sure how well this is going to go as it was new tool back in 1968!!.....its definatly showing its age but im always up for the challenge lol

Airfix HP Hampden

DSCF0825.jpg

• Like 3

I never built one either.  The Hampden was an important part of the "other side" of the Battle of Britain i.e. Bomber Command's offensive against enemy airfields & supplies, and the invasion barges being massed against us - a shamefully neglected aspect of that campaign.  Good on you for tackling this one, Paul!

• Like 1