Grunhertz

And we have a winner

Well done to Gorby who's scratch built shado got the most votes as favorite then to Toolmaker for his imperial Knight who came second. Well done chaps 

On to the next at some point 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well done Gorbs, and Paul for second place. Thanks Darren for setting this GB up. 

Is there still any interest in any of the other GB's that were voted on before this one was started?

• Thanks 1

Well done Gorby and Paul, fantastic builds :) 

I don't remember all the other suggestions, but one was the British Wheel and Track idea, trying to find the post with all the others on 

• Thanks 1

Well done Gorbs, great build (I must now inform work they buggered me on this! 😲 (and I lost track of dates))

Nice one Darren, a good selection of builds from all

Wow! Me again. You lot are easy to please. :smile:

Can I use the same speech as last time or do I have to scratch-build a new one?

Thanks very much to anyone who voted for my build, if you didn't then :harhar:. Isn't it odd, I find that my objection to competing is significantly lessened by winning. Very strange.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed the group build and was surprised at the result as there were some excellent builds, I had a lot of difficulty deciding who to vote for.

i0k9z.jpg      :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mad Steve said:
  • British track and wheel

Would be my choice.

I'm prepared to sulk if it isn't.

Or you could broaden the appeal by just saying 'British vehicle', then that would allow wings and floating targets things. Or it could be just 'British history' and anyone with the urge to do Anne Boleyn will be sorted. :ermm:

24 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

Then those irritating spitfire anoraks would take over 😁

Good point.

Maybe 'British vehicle (excluding bloody Spitfires)'. :smile:

• Like 1

I'm happy to go with British track and wheel but not till the new year now as I have a biplane group build with my local club to do, plus the Hellcat to finish plus the corvette and everything I'm picking up is going wrong atm so another gb will be next year 

Well i have another GB coming up in our model club, plus we have just started a year long big scale gb as well, and our nationals are in 3 weeks and im going on holiday after that so yeah, bring on another GB....

(In the New Year please 😁)

Just as an aside.... would there be any interest in a Modern Japanese GB? 

• Like 1

Well ive never seen one done Darren, but then you dont really see much of it anywhere.

Ive been slowly collecting a load of JGSDF stuff over the years, might be nice to build and share some of it with everyone 😁

8 hours ago, Gorby said:

Would be my choice.

I'm prepared to sulk if it isn't.

Or you could broaden the appeal by just saying 'British vehicle', then that would allow wings and floating targets things. Or it could be just 'British history' and anyone with the urge to do Anne Boleyn will be sorted. :ermm:

Would one of these count? Or does it have to be painted in that other green and be driven by squaddies?

10002113.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

Just as an aside.... would there be any interest in a Modern Japanese GB?

Yes

9 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

Maybe a Japanese build rather than modern japanese will bring enough out? 

I've just given my last Japanese themed kit to Models for Heroes, but the Japanese are a weird bunch, I'm sure I'll probably find something that appeals that I can scratch.

There's weird and there's Japanese weird:

maxresdefault.jpg

44669043140_8c1caf54af_b.jpg

japanese-air-force-funny-vid-photo-for-p

• Like 1

:) You lot have issues...

I was thinking more along the lines of a Japanese Military GB, so basically anything Japanese Army, Airforce or Navy from, shall we say WW1 to present day. 

That's actually a huge amount of items to choose from. 

Maybe Darren will allow us to open up a new thread and see what the response will be, but maybe only start up in December?  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

:) You lot have issues...

I was thinking more along the lines of a Japanese Military GB, so basically anything Japanese Army, Airforce or Navy from, shall we say WW1 to present day. 

That's actually a huge amount of items to choose from. 

Maybe Darren will allow us to open up a new thread and see what the response will be, but maybe only start up in December?  

Not thinking of running another gb this year to be honest but if we get enough we can. But I'll start a new thread I have a hamp on the way in January so I'll be in