skwonk

EDUARD 1/48 SE5a

Finally got it finished today. Kit (Royal Class edition) kindly gifted by our very own Phoenix54, once again many thanks. Twas a bit of a battle royal with the rigging and the CA not playing ball a lot of the time so stripped what was done and redid it with Infini thread from Duncan at Black Mike Models. Much easier on the eye than the EZ line I was using. Paint was a mix to create a PC10 approximation and the underside was another mix to create a doped linen colour. A little bit of weathering to create wear and muck. Photos taken with my phone so apologies in advance for the quality.

20190909-154632.jpg

20190909-154525.jpg

20190909-154648.jpg

20190909-154702.jpg

20190909-154720.jpg

20190909-154737.jpg

20190909-154804.jpg

20190909-154914.jpg

20190909-155002.jpg

• Like 12

So my mate, never mind about the 'suck and blow' jet thingy whatsit, next build should be a 'Chopper', to keep @RWG686 company.

You've earned your spurs with the rigging, how difficult can a Helo be.........:whistle:

Oh, CA accelerator, get liquid rather than aerosol you can control it easier.

Paul

• Like 1

Cheers all. Buoyed by my Pyrrhic victory over the rigging I started an Eduard Albatros DII (single rigging) earlier today. After that it's the Hisso version up next. 

14 hours ago, Invictaag said:

Great little build Darbs, now you have tried aircraft rigging how about moving on to ship's rigging.

Last time I rigged was a Revell 1/700 Tirpitz a few years ago. Loads of that etchy stuff to test the patience. Was just finishing off the rigging on it and the cat galumphed her way across my work area thus destroying the Titpirtz far quicker than anybody else in history. I couldn't get angry, it's what cats do.

On 09/09/2019 at 18:52, phoenix54 said:

So my mate, never mind about the 'suck and blow' jet thingy whatsit, next build should be a 'Chopper', to keep @RWG686 company.

Paul

Matchbox Huey Cobra yayyyy!

• Like 1

On 10/09/2019 at 20:56, skwonk said:

Matchbox Huey Cobra yayyyy!

Still a lovely wee kit with plenty scope for detailing.

Your Se5a is very very nice.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Toolmaker said:

If you fancy popping up to North Wales I have a bit of rigging work you could help me with.

I've only ever been to Wales (south) twice and that was under duress. What's the north like?

5 hours ago, skwonk said:

I've only ever been to Wales (south) twice and that was under duress. What's the north like?

Very pretty with some of the best mountain bike trails in the UK 

We have some friends that live in Aberystwyth, although they'll be moving to Carmarthen some time. We've stayed near Aberystwyth a few times and I have to say I'm smitten. When Welsh friends wax lyrical about Wales, I get it, 100%. If you like scenic roads, try driving from Aberystwyth to Rhayader via Devil's Bridge. OK, that's not the North, but I did cadet training staying at Bethesda hiking the Glyders, absolutely stunning.

16 hours ago, skwonk said:

What's the north like?

Bloody awful if you're in a truck, all narrow gauge roads & low bridges, even better when it's snowing.

5 hours ago, DC3 said:

narrow gauge roads & low bridges

Also known as scenic and as such offers a more gentle pace