mac1677

Telford 2019

5 hours ago, phoenix54 said:

Here was me thinking the insult would come from @Gorby rather than a crab trader! Should have known better :harhar:

You hadn't even crossed my mind when I made that generalisation.....but if the shoe fits :)

DB

• Haha 2

Well I've been dithering on going or not for the past week or so. Idle hands this morning placed a couple of orders for picking up at the show, so I guess I'm going for the Saturday. Picked out a years worth of kits from the stash (at my pace 6 kits, and that's being optimistic) and a shopping/hitlist is being compiled for bits and pieces needed for those. 

• Like 1

Well Ladies and Gents, thinking on, as you do! Now we know where the stands are, i will suggest a meeting at 12:30 Saturday and another at the same time on the Sunday at either the North Riding / Northern England Airfields SIG, both of which are adjacent on 3B, or the Coastal Command SIG tables on 3G. Easy to find North Riding is right next to the WnW stand! and Coastal is opposite, and NO money changed hands!

• Like 2

Hall layouts:

Hall 1:

407573746_Hall1.thumb.png.042cf657f9d04c788fc707161a807d55.png

Hall 2:

1975663003_Hall2.thumb.png.a28bd4db034571fde48ae5a93cc7860f.png

Hall 3:

1276773512_Hall3.thumb.png.5285f3da1155d0fb08f27de078ccb610.png

I will be hanging out between L & C, Rivenhall etc. If you've no club affiliations you're more than welcome to exhibit stuff on the L & C table, Hall 1, Block 1F - square 3G on the layout. Rivenhall is Hall 1, Block 1D - square 5H.

The image quality is rubbish on the forum page, click on the image, then zoom to see the layouts properly.

• Thanks 1

I will try to get to one of the meet ups but otherwise I will be either at Rivenhall or topnotch in hall 1 and having a good look round 

I’ll be honest, I never went to Telford (or any other shows) to do anything other than shop so  after looking through the traders there’s nothing that really makes me think I’m missing out by not going this year. Seems to be a lot of 2nd hand kit sellers and the usual suspects.

Duncan B

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RWG686 said:

You can almost see @BlackMike Models house on the map on the right.

If they're going to Wales or Norfolk using the other map they might just see Telford.

Why Telford discussion ?

Does something happen there?

I’m off the bottom of the map by about an inch.

If you’ve never been it is worth experiencing once. I treated Steve last year to a trip down as he’d never been before. I note he didn’t ask to go again this year! He’s a bit like me though in that he likes shopping but doesn’t really get the displaying/Club bit (which I suspect is probably the main attraction for a lot of people).

12 hours ago, phoenix54 said:

Not a lot, but it is close to RAF Cosford!

That is the best reason but on the Monday the place is full of all the sweaty rucksacks that you have spent the last 2 days trying to avoid!

Duncan B

• Like 1
  • Haha 1