mac1677

Telford 2019

Hi guys,

Is anyone going to Telford in November? 

I will be there, splitting my time between AMSIG and Rivenhall ūüėÉ

I'll be there, Friday through Monday with North Riding, the Coastal SIG and the Northern England Airfields SIG......just don't know where!

• Like 1

I suppose some sort of recognition device is beyond our collective ken?

It would be nice to meet up but if past shows are anything to go by we won't be able to recognize each other & any meeting place will be of the "in front of the such & such branch at such & such a time" where those that turn up will stand around awkwardly blocking the aisle & getting in everyones  way for 10 mins. or so until gradually drifting away.  Could I therefore propose a meeting in one of the bar or cafe area's at a certain time?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DC3 said:

I suppose some sort of recognition device is beyond our collective ken?

It would be nice to meet up but if past shows are anything to go by we won't be able to recognize each other & any meeting place will be of the "in front of the such & such branch at such & such a time" where those that turn up will stand around awkwardly blocking the aisle & getting in everyones  way for 10 mins. or so until gradually drifting away.  Could I therefore propose a meeting in one of the bar or cafe area's at a certain time?

Sounds good to me let's find the busiest area (usually the zokei muira stand) and all congregate there ūüėĀ but I'm with you on the area so what about the food area in Hall one where @BlackMike Models launched his lunch at me last year?¬†

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

Sounds good to me let's find the busiest area (usually the zokei muira stand) and all congregate there ūüėĀ but I'm with you on the area so what about the food area in Hall one where @BlackMike Models launched his lunch at me last year?¬†

Technically it wasn't my lunch as I went on to eat a fried chicken wrap very similar to the one you were wearing nanoseconds after I met you :) (it was just a random Wrap!)

Duncan B

• Haha 2

YASSSS QWEEN, I'll be there assuming my French former colleagues can bring their kits/display/products though a brexity-UK border. Otherwise I'll be in the kitswap looking for kits that never appear there.

Terry (Caravellarella)

• Like 1

Will be there, both days at some point, so will definitely drop by Rivenhall and I do propose to loose a lot of cash somewhere¬†ūüėĀ

On 9/7/2019 at 9:22 AM, BlackMike Models said:

Technically it wasn't my lunch as I went on to eat a fried chicken wrap very similar to the one you were wearing nanoseconds after I met you :) (it was just a random Wrap!)

Duncan B

Hello Mike,

will one be attending as a civilian or will one be in max. flogging mode?

25 minutes ago, DC3 said:

Hello Mike,

will one be attending as a civilian or will one be in max. flogging mode?

Neither! I visited last year so won't be going this year. When I was still a 'civilian' I used to only go every other year. Since I started living plastic models 24/7 I have only been once (last year) and suspect it'll be quite a few years before I'm back (there are only so many plastic kit boxes a man should see in one lifetime). I wouldn't ever consider trading at Telford for a multitude of reasons.

Duncan B

1 minute ago, BlackMike Models said:

Neither! I visited last year so won't be going this year. When I was still a 'civilian' I used to only go every other year. Since I started living plastic models 24/7 I have only been once (last year) and suspect it'll be quite a few years before I'm back (there are only so many plastic kit boxes a man should see in one lifetime). I wouldn't ever consider trading at Telford for a multitude of reasons.

Duncan B

I'm safe this year then? I will be splitting time between being there with a club and trading so I'll see what you mean Duncan, maybe I'll meet awesome paint stirrer 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

Duncan B

Not biting on the Mike then.

Will you be doing Tyneside next year?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DC3 said:

Not biting on the Mike then.

Will you be doing Tyneside next year?

I am so used to being called Mike now that it goes over my head.

Yes, the Northern Show is one of the shows I am keeping on next year. It's close enough to almost be local!

Duncan B

2 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

I am so used to being called Mike now that it goes over my head.

Yes, the Northern Show is one of the shows I am keeping on next year. It's close enough to almost be local!

Duncan B

Good.

• Like 1

Just a heads up, if you like your aviation photography, Rich Cooper will be on the Aviation Bookshop stand on saturday pm

Rich is one of the worlds best photographers and has written a few books in his time

Morning Ladies and Gents, this is just a thought, I do have 'em from time to time, some even make sense! For everybody going to Telford, can I offer a suggestion?

All things being even, I'll be on the North Riding stand for most of Saturday and Sunday. If we want a 'meet up' come to the stand for 12:00 on Saturday? My Elf mate is sadly lacking so far, so I don't know which Hall the club will be in. But, if you look for the LARGE White Boar (shut UP Gorby! :harhar:) on the Blue and Murrey ground, that'll be us! Failing that, there's always the Coastal Command SIG, Hall 3, next to the Bomber SIG, there's a little more room around there.

Paul

• Like 1
  • Haha 2