beowulf

Universal Carrier

whats in the box.....quite looking forward to cracking on with this.....at least being Tamiya it should go together better than the Ta-152 lol

dscf7013.jpg

dscf7011.jpg

dscf7014.jpgdscf7012.jpg

Edited by beowulf
  • Like 3

Looking great 

11 hours ago, Walrus said:

Would love to see Tamiya re tool the UC 
So tempted to get the Achilles 

Great work so far

Have a look at the academy achillies it's a fair bit cheaper and to my mind just as good 

suddenly this went together lol

coat of dark green, coat of Kleer, decals added

next step is some more assembly, stuff like the running gear and gubbins, then a dark wash

had problems with the decals..........strangly for Tamiya the large allied stars dissolved!..........had some spare ones in the spares box that was originally meant for a 1/48 P51 Reno Racer.......turned out to be near enough size

dscf7015.jpg

dscf7016.jpg

• Like 2

so its had a black wash, then i tried some stuff by AK called 'streaking grime' to add some effect to the sides, then a matt coat on top to dull it down and seal it

next will be to add some mud down the sides.....cant decide weather to mist some on or try the splatter nozzle in my aztek ab

painting up bits and bobs to go in the back

figures are being excluded lol.......didnt go too well

a_310.jpg

c_110.jpg

• Like 5

That came along in short order, nice one.

If you have a flat brush (not too soft) load up some paint, pull the bristles back with your finger, then release and let the paint flick onto the model. It’s the manual equivalent of a splatter setting.😂

On 06/09/2019 at 21:32, Walrus said:

Would love to see Tamiya re tool the UC 

The Riich UC’s are very nicely detailed including full engine detail but I did find it a bit of a challenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toolmaker said:

That came along in short order, nice one.

If you have a flat brush (not too soft) load up some paint, pull the bristles back with your finger, then release and let the paint flick onto the model. It’s the manual equivalent of a splatter setting.😂

that how i normally do rally cars, so you can get directional splatter, but its not the effect i want on this, more a general lower half light muddiness all round

its not something ive done often so this is turning into a practice mule for a few things along the way

c_6710.jpg

• Like 3

Hi, towards the bottom of this armour “in progress” page I have a thread called Tank Hunters. At the bottom of page 2 and then onto page 3 there are some different styles of representing “mud”. If any of those look like what you are hoping for then I’m happy to elaborate if it helps.

Calling this one done

The muddying didn’t quite go to plan, but not much I can do about it now

Added boxes and bags and gubbins in the back

More pics in the finished thread

b11.jpg

Edited by beowulf
  • Like 2