Just some nice aeroplanes

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings all, went for a walk at work today around the airport, (well actually we were moving our dead aircraft around the airport) and despite it being enormously foggy there were a couple of subjects to grab a quick shot of.

Air Transat A321 - This was actually parked right in our way 🤬 which added an extra 5000 steps to my day!

20220223_131106

So I shot it again

20220223_131330

A BAe 126 - I know Revell did a nice 1:144 of these

20220223_131421

A Beechcraft from EVAS Air - Again parked in our way!

20220223_131514

VH-71 Shell which we were towing

20220223_131412

When we were towing the last aircraft down something was coming down the taxi way, something very loud and sounding rather large loomimg through the mist!

20220223_133626

20220223_133645

20220223_133700

20220223_133712 😱

Edited by Blue Noser
Probably shouldnt have posted the last pic!
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

I had hoped to show you the six CF-118s which arrived at Prestwick en route to exercise Frisian Flag at Leeuawarden  but they got delayed and didn't arrive until after dark so here's a few other things that were there

OnfhBO7b_o.jpg

h7ZAcBZW_o.jpg

zuq15r4b_o.jpg

6BboxBsJ_o.jpg

5bX7Et0R_o.jpg

• Like 4

It seems that I am destined not to get decent photos of the Canadian Hornets.  I went down this morning for their planned departure at 1300 only to find that they have been delayed 24 hours.

Add a hazy day, an obscure parking area and no way to get close for photos  leaves you with these from a mile away I'm afraid.

VJgVswh5_o.jpg

XtfRRDnR_o.jpg

This is their support KDC-10

xwd1wXSK_o.jpg

The RCAF CC-130J is on a temporary detachment and is not in connection with the Hornets

0GLGOKUl_o.jpg

A bonus was this KC-10A. They will all be retired in a couple of years after over 40 years service.  ( Yet the 60 year old KC-135 still soldiers on)

IpCXnhAZ_o.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the things I like about staying in London is the constant stream of aircraft in the distance.

These aren't great photos, lots of haze from about a mile away(at a guess), but I took them whilst sitting on the settee eating my breakfast this morning, and that's enjoyable enough to be vaguely shareworthy :D

y4mGHCNQQm1H-5BfUITPVLexVwIA8fBFST0CNcH2

y4mdVcUWajRt89VRbyoSomYfRhP70_BOinMdxuK1

y4mmKoyoMyMdyA4L7DJV0LVTSsupTSmNJFu91M9l

y4mtZ1glVq3Ua6IarwwF-G8ekC_i75Sk_9KZWVcI

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

A friend bought a photo album unseen on line and these were inside

adzQgowZ_o.jpg

bB7nfC1b_o.jpg

KW86qOwq_o.jpg

0zbfQgW2_o.jpg

vfQn6DFu_o.jpg

USHwz4F7_o.jpg

75n9Gm6G_o.jpg

qEN3vlYi_o.jpg

5usWEOXp_o.jpg

gB5XdiNx_o.jpg

Sorry this one is upsides down..no idea why!

ecPOYJfD_o.jpg

LwboUBcF_o.jpg

hcN6kPnk_o.jpg

SEfD940O_o.jpg

That Canberra is a T4, WJ859. It was bought back from the RAF and sold to the land of @Vaastav becoming Indian Air Force BQ744

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, RWG686 said:

It probably has orientation data embedded in the image file. Some image viewers/browsers/etc read that data and orient it based on that, and some don't. So it can get a bit confusing.

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, RWG686 said:

this one is upsides down

Ooh I say,aeros in a Valiant!!.

Some beauties there,could we colorise any at all?,partickerlarly the two-pew Hunter,Sea Prince,

Neptoon and the Super Cub.

Edited by Miggers
1 hour ago, RWG686 said:

A friend bought a photo album unseen on line and these were inside

adzQgowZ_o.jpg

bB7nfC1b_o.jpg

KW86qOwq_o.jpg

0zbfQgW2_o.jpg

vfQn6DFu_o.jpg

USHwz4F7_o.jpg

75n9Gm6G_o.jpg

qEN3vlYi_o.jpg

5usWEOXp_o.jpg

gB5XdiNx_o.jpg

ecPOYJfD_o.jpg

LwboUBcF_o.jpg

hcN6kPnk_o.jpg

SEfD940O_o.jpg

That Canberra is a T4, WJ859. It was bought back from the RAF and sold to the land of @Vaastav becoming Indian Air Force BQ744

Canberras were used by us for the first time in 1962 to aid the UN forces in Katanga. They also served in the 1965 and 1971 wars with our Western neighbour. During their service they were well regarded for their durability and reliability. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Miggers said:

,could we colorise any at all?,partickerlarly the two-pew Hunter,Sea Prince,

Neptoon and the Super Cub.

Feel free.

Hunter T7 was red with white top

Sea Prince is Sea Blue Gloss with white trim

Neptune is standard colours

You'll need to ask @Che Guava about the Super Cub colours. It was delivered new to them from Piper so is probably red.

• Thanks 1

The Washington was at Foulness when I went there when working at Farnborough in 1968 along with bits of several others, all in a very bad way.

We were looking for parts for a TSR2 [there was a nose section at Farnborough]for some project the boffins had come up with, there were most of the ones from the production line in various states of repair from almost destroyed to practically complete.

There were literary hundreds of airframes there which made this[at the time aero spotter] very happy,all lined up nice and neat.

• Like 3
On 4/27/2022 at 7:11 PM, RWG686 said:

Super Cub colours. It was delivered new to them from Piper so is probably red.

Possibly red.....though dark blue, dark green and black were also available in that standard pattern (similar on Tri-Pacers too) and are indistinguishable in mono.There were also light pastel colours - turquoise, yellow etc offered which would have had black reg instead of white.

So, in the absence of other evidence - take a guess.

• Like 2