Sign in to follow this  
BlackMike Models

Fokker D.VII Ltn. d. R. Gunther von Buren, Jasta 18

I have finally completed the Eduard Fokker D.VII started in the WW1 Group Build.

There is a long and boring WIP so I’ll not waste your time with the details. 

This is my first ever WW1 biplane build and I rather enjoyed it. Due to the colours it’s a bit of a difficult beast to photograph so my apologies for the picture quality.

IMG_5532-600x450.jpg IMG_5535-600x450.jpg IMG_5533-600x450.jpg IMG_5530-600x450.jpg IMG_5528-600x450.jpg IMG_5526-600x450.jpg IMG_5525-600x399.jpg IMG_5520-600x450.jpg

....and there’s no show without Punch! (Or Righ in this case!)

IMG_5534-600x450.jpg

Thanks to everyone who chipped in with support and advice during the build, it was most appreciated.

Duncan B

• Like 4

That's really rather nice, good job.  Next stop W/Wings? It's not like you don't have enough temptation close at hand!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DC3 said:

That's really rather nice, good job.  Next stop W/Wings? It's not like you don't have enough temptation close at hand!

I bought myself a WnW Snipe (from Hannants!) for my Christmas last year so this was part of my working up the courage to give it a go. I think I might need a few more biplane builds under my belt before I go ruin the Snipe though.

Thanks for all the kind comments folks.

Duncan B

14 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

I bought myself a WnW Snipe (from Hannants!) for my Christmas last year so this was part of my working up the courage to give it a go. I think I might need a few more biplane builds under my belt before I go ruin the Snipe though.

Thanks for all the kind comments folks.

Duncan B

Duncan you'd have to be really ham-fisted to ruin a WNW kit if I can build one anyone can 

• Thanks 1

The dog is 1:irritating scale, he has the knack of being able to squeeze himself into any corner of my modelling room, whether it's already occupied by paint racks, kit boxes or whatever, just to get my attention (usually at the most awkward moment he can find).

Well done that man, I think it looks brill. I am but one person who will be pleased that you stuck with it to the end. A really worthwhile effort.

I must get myself one of those blue things 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toolmaker said:

Well done that man, I think it looks brill. I am but one person who will be pleased that you stuck with it to the end. A really worthwhile effort.

I must get myself one of those blue things 👍🏼

The blue thing is a sheet of paper purchased from the art supplies department at Hobbycraft. I have few different colours of sheets which have proved to be very useful as backdrops.

Duncan B