8 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

seriously good that Paul, disapointed that you didn't load it with photo etch though :stirthepot:

Your just too funny my friend 😂😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

seriously good that Paul, disapointed that you didn't load it with photo etch though :stirthepot:

I agree with Darren, your membership of Photo Etch Annonimouse might need to be reviewed. But seriously you have shown some great skills, especially with the painting, on this build Paul,

Cheers Andy

• Thanks 1

See. It was fate me removing the Bandai kits from temptation, It's made you build this, and what an amazing piece of work. This really is a true master class in strange SciFi builds.

Keep it up Paul, I'm learning a **** load.

Rich

• Thanks 1

On 12/06/2019 at 05:43, Invictaag said:

I agree with Darren, your membership of Photo Etch Annonimouse might need to be reviewed. But seriously you have shown some great skills, especially with the painting, on this build Paul,

Cheers Andy

Fear not Andy, plenty more etch on its way soon, just not here 😂

On 12/06/2019 at 08:55, Drichc said:

See. It was fate me removing the Bandai kits from temptation, It's made you build this, and what an amazing piece of work. This really is a true master class in strange SciFi builds.

Keep it up Paul, I'm learning a **** load.

Rich

Too kind squire, I’m just doing the first steps on the base this morning and then that’s me and sci-fi done until my next corvette breakdown 😂

• Haha 1

I didn’t quite live up to my promise and thought better than to close the build without any indication of the base work.

The base was covered with some coloured polyfiller and before drying a few bits were impressed into the surface over a sheet of clingfilm to protect them. There was to be some logs, some rope, a bit of brick work and a piece of angle iron. No Ewoks were hurt during this build (nor were they successful).

resized_8b8bb2e3-9c55-4346-a4d0-4544e54d

resized_dd76a213-30a5-45e4-ab63-51be5ebf

resized_8f91a5e2-13b0-46fb-ac18-e9cb61b8

resized_eab8b8c4-be77-4fcd-9c38-6f8bb375

The rust is just a couple of minutes work so don’t be thinking it’s some fancy dandy voodoo art magic. There is plenty of skill in model making but the right tools and materials go a long way to helping out.

resized_ba600c4c-4025-4d55-afd9-306a4a5e

resized_444ab797-060a-401f-861e-316a2a78

Took more time to get the rope to follow all the contours than the rest of the base.

resized_933c2d12-1966-4f5d-8183-2f198326

As you you can see with my new Duncanesque blue screen, I have attempted to do some finished pictures. These can now be seen in the Gallery. 

Thanks a bundle

Paul

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

Yeeeees, building cars, welcome to the naughty corner 😁

Now as it happens, although I have never built a proper car kit I do have 4 in the stash

On 14/06/2019 at 21:33, Mad Steve said:

Have 4 in the stash, never built a proper one 😁

You and me both Steve, the first ship I did was the Arizona and it still awaits its rigging. The current one, the Corvette is round two. I’m hoping that when I get to the rigging on the Corvette, that I will also finish the Arizona and get a 2 for 1 moment.

😁

They sit looking at me Paul... big puppy eyes 😁

I have a lovely Revell 1/144th Eidesche Class landing ship i really want to build, and then theres a Trumpeter HMS Warspite.... 

I think the biggest thing i dont know what im doing with ships, they like a foreign entity 

• Like 1