2 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

OOH NO a flaky crust impersonator!

Glad you're paying attention at the back.

It was the first photo that came up on google..sorry!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grunhertz said:

Talk about thread drift???????!!!!!!!!!!! 

Nah, @Grunhertz this is classed as perfectly normal and acceptable! You've got most of the gang of six here, sans Gorby, who's otherwise engaged, but a number of RWG's mates are taking up the slack. We're just fine in the sandpit, comes with age! 

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

I have to say I detest(ed) that man.

I'm with you there Dunc & I never even met him. I always had him in the creepy brylcreem/nasty in private category of entertainers, along with the likes of Jimmy Saville. Your anecdote just confirms I've got brilliant sleeze detection powers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phoenix54 said:

Nah, @Grunhertz this is classed as perfectly normal and acceptable! You've got most of the gang of six here, sans Gorby, who's otherwise engaged, but a number of RWG's mates are taking up the slack. We're just fine in the sandpit, comes with age! 

No he's right, mighty fine thread drift, I had to go back to page one to find out what the thread was supposed to be about but considering that we all left the motherland for the colony to escape the oppression & puritanism I can't see the peeps being that concerned. Anyway I blame Mad as if he'd got on with his Welly & posted modelling posts we wouldn't have been led astray. Stonings too good for him.

• Haha 4

On 5/22/2019 at 7:09 AM, Mad Steve said:

Whats all this naffing about with Jam First, Cream First.....

Whenever visiting the West Country, i can recommend a technique to avoid annoying the locals of whichever sectarian jam/cream cream/jam persuasion. If you find in your grokkle confusion you have committed the gross social gaff of layering the scone in the wrong order to the accompanying intake of breath followed by deafening silence in the tearoom ..... just turn the damn thing upside down. Job done, moy luvver!

• Haha 3

'ere moy luvver, if'n yome called a grokkle, you be in Devonshire.....if'n yome be in Cornwall-land yume be called 'n emmit!

Those that serve Her Majesty's Senior Service, and are lucky enough to pull shore duty at HMS Seahawk (used to) have a window sticker for their vernacular transportation, which states........"I'm NOT an Emmit". I have it on good authority the traffic wardens leave well alone!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, DC3 said:

Anyway I blame Mad as if he'd got on with his Welly & posted modelling posts we wouldn't have been led astray...

Good god man, it hasn't even arrived yet :) 

Those of you that live in the 1st world that can have parcels delivered overnight, don't understand the ficklery of yer average bog standard African postal service....

It takes around 24-36 hours for the parcel to arrive in Joburg from when I ordered it... It can then take anything up to 3 months for it to travel the 67km's from the International mail hub at the airport to my house. I kid you not. On average it takes 3 weeks minimum... 

My shortest wait was 8 days, longest was 3 months and 2 days.... and that does not include 2 parcels that have disappeared into the Ether... 

On the other hand, I can get a parcel here by DHL in 48hrs or less... at 4 times the shipping costs mind. 

• Sad 1

Well you can if you like, but i still need to source suitable decals etc, and actually acquire enough mojo to start building and take part in two group builds and...... 

• Like 1

Let's get back a little more on topic.

Ops in a Wimpy
Ops in a Wimpy
Who'll come on ops in a Wimpy with me?
For we'll cuss at the flak
As we drop our bombs on Germany
Who'll come on ops in a Wimpy with me?

58 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That was brilliant 😁

Credit the aircrews with too much time on their hands :)

• Haha 1

I used to know where the whole thing was kept in this here interweb thingy, but I fear that page has long since disappeared :(