Bosphorous Cutter Turk Models 1/50 Scale

This has been an interesting build for me, it has been a bit of a challenge being single planked and the not very detailed instructions but it has meant I've been able to try out a few things. I've searched the Internet but I've not been able to find any information about the real Bosphorous Cutters which is a pity as I do like to read up about the things that I build. As always many thanks for all the "likes" and comments.

AL9nZEX1FUMhhYI76vAqQ5NW58790K4QKHY_KoHn

AL9nZEUr345NnfOrwKJLGoQnA4XX43_s7OtlTCfH

AL9nZEUyEhM-MIc9S-BQF3HwQU1njE-_drXJFEbz

AL9nZEWqjNYucTbu0qxWuVmr1tSgGWJNIRo-C0uK

AL9nZEXKfpd95B_JSZU1gK5KeOl6PhHAnD7pLe8z

AL9nZEUDt7t3O769VYVznUZmuTF_aWRVbSpUP3qY

AL9nZEU5swOHFapDsGVHiwSksnu5nG4NkWD0yApm

AL9nZEVctxkzoJaRbT5RO9Sf4pDNDiJz7SAQBI8w

AL9nZEW8dBLMSb2P6HTnStNLu5dWXOCmIUxvNcdk

AL9nZEVUZb5PiHQVoVim8AkgZsRR3NjLFZmawWnA

Cheers Andy

• Like 4

That's a thing of beauty Andy.

That's the sort of thing Mrs. Gorby would be happy for me to display in the lounge. For some reason all my hairyplanes and tanky things don't go with the decor. No idea why. :| 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 21/09/2022 at 11:31, Gorby said:

That's a thing of beauty Andy.

That's the sort of thing Mrs. Gorby would be happy for me to display in the lounge. For some reason all my hairyplanes and tanky things don't go with the decor. No idea why. :| 

If you want to pop over I'll donate it for your "model free" lounge 🙂

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Invictaag said:

Thanks Mish. Any sign of HMS Terror setting sail yet? the North Western Passage will be covered in ice soon 😉

No she's still on the shelf of doom but she still keep muttering to me. Interestingly after reading Michael Palin's Erebus, which I enjoyed I got the audiobook as the great man had narrated it and there was added info on the latest to preserve and research/dive both the Erebus and Terror. It has sort of peaked my interest. However this is a long term project and I'm having to learn new modelling skills as I progress having never built a wodden ship before. I should have started with something smaller and less complex.

On 23/09/2022 at 06:43, Mish said:

No she's still on the shelf of doom but she still keep muttering to me. Interestingly after reading Michael Palin's Erebus, which I enjoyed I got the audiobook as the great man had narrated it and there was added info on the latest to preserve and research/dive both the Erebus and Terror. It has sort of peaked my interest. However this is a long term project and I'm having to learn new modelling skills as I progress having never built a wodden ship before. I should have started with something smaller and less complex.

I read Michael Palin's book and found it really interesting. I find it helps sometimes to build the small ship's boats or "deck" furniture if I start to get "bogged" down with a build but as you say these types of ships are long term projects.

• Like 1