To be fair a look at the instructions shows they've taken an approach to the construction that eliminates almost all of the seams that plague other Spitfire kits and mirrors what the likes of Fine Molds have done with their recent F-4 Phantom kits. Yes it's ANOTHER Spitfire kit but it'll sell and hopefully fund something different as the next project they bring to market. Most likely a 109 or P-51...

• Like 5

Hmmm,Santa may have to have a good poke in the back there........

Here's the moan though,yes,they're three famous well known Mk.1a's,but I'd have liked a 92 Sqn machine

such as one of Bob Tuck's,Paul Klipsch's P9373(a fitting tribute,killed on his first combat op with 92)or one of

Allan Wright's famous QJ*S's or "Sandy" Lane's yellow spinner'd QV*K,there's a few others.

3 minutes ago, mac1677 said:

About 95% of the collective group I think 😁

lol im quite happy in the 5%wont see me building a fly thing after 1970, oh apart from the thing on the back of the Bismarck, the Avacardo (something like that)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Mish said:

Nice to see another Spitfire but I don't think another Mk. 1 is needed and I see its the usual decal options. So for me a bit 'samey'.

It's a really safe option to launch what will hopefully be a new range of kits, as are the decal options. Those of us that would really like to have a Mk XIV will just have to remain patient.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Paul Brown said:

It's a really safe option to launch what will hopefully be a new range of kits, as are the decal options. Those of us that would really like to have a Mk XIV will just have to remain patient.

Dare say they can milk the molds to provide several minimal change versions for further releases in the near future and maximise return. Perhaps after that they'll get brave and do some photo reconnaissance versions or something else a bit different.

8 hours ago, Col. said:

Dare say they can milk the molds to provide several minimal change versions for further releases in the near future and maximise return. Perhaps after that they'll get brave and do some photo reconnaissance versions or something else a bit different.

Please god the Featherstone kite so @RWG686 can be put out of hid misery 🤣

• Haha 5
On 22/09/2022 at 09:12, Paul Brown said:

How safe can it really be to compete head-on with everybody else?

There are still many eye-catching Spits that are poorly served, if at all, in any scale. The prototype K5054 in its various guises, the Speed Spitfire ditto, the several floatplane types, and the Mk. 23 Valiant intermediate project between Spit and Spiteful, all spring to mind.

You can never have enough Spitfires, and that means in your kit model range too!

Edited by steelpillow
  • Like 2
On 22/09/2022 at 18:46, Grunhertz said:

Please god the Featherstone kite so @RWG686 can be put out of hid misery

When do you go away on holiday ? Because......

2 hours ago, steelpillow said:

You can never have enough Spitfires

I'm doing a special internet photo search and I'm going to tag you to every photo.

Of course when you return you're going to have to look at them all in case there is something you were meant to see :evil:

• Haha 4
11 hours ago, RWG686 said:

When do you go away on holiday ? Because......

I'm doing a special internet photo search and I'm going to tag you to every photo.

Of course when you return you're going to have to look at them all in case there is something you were meant to see :evil:

Excellent. After a few days, you will be as addicted to Spitfires as the rest of us. 😛

• Haha 4